Vitro Agate From The Wv Show

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now to address a question - The marble with the blue aventurine. I have climbed into the closet and searched through my Tribute to Friendship marbles. I cannot find one like it. BUT remember no two marbles are alike with West Virginia swirls. I did some pics to show this.

mysterymarbles1.jpg

The suspect marble is at the bottom. The beautiful Friendships at the top have champagne glass that is transparent and lets us see into the marble like we can see into the suspect marble. The suspect marble has crystal clear glass. No other colors match up except the blue aventurine and the pattern is too different. Not one of these.

mysterymarbles2.7995434.jpg

The suspect marble is at the bottom of this friendship group. The colors match. Except there is no clear window. I went through 3 quart jars looking for more with clear windows. I also looked for more with blue aventurine.

mysterymarbles3.jpg

I found 2 marbles in 3 quart jars that did have a strip of blue aventurine. Thousands of these were made. If I have 3 jars, there are many more in other people's hands. The colors match. But there is no clear in this marble. (Can you tell I'm convinced what it is?)

mysterymarbles5.jpg

The marble on the left has a wide ribbon of aventurine, but it's green. All of these marbles are in the same family.

Now the bad part is that I bought a JABO marble for a Vitro Agate. The good part is that I made you look closely at some JABO's. Sorry about that. LOL!

Thought I'd add a bit of information about that Friendship Run (3-6-2009) Run marble in champagne glass. Besides the champagne glass (pinkish) it has what looks like green and blue mica and in many some very recognizable traditional oxblood. Talk about everything but the kitchen sink! Now that green and blue could be aventurine but it is so chunky it looks just like mica chunks. I would be interested to know just what it is because I've never figured it out. David

Thought I'd add a bit of information about that Friendship Run (3-6-2009) Run marble in champagne glass. Besides the champagne glass (pinkish) it has what looks like green and blue mica and in many some very recognizable traditional oxblood. Talk about everything but the kitchen sink! Now that green and blue could be aventurine but it is so chunky it looks just like mica chunks. I would be interested to know just what it is because I've never figured it out. David

You are correct...mica it was...both green and blue...