Vitro Agate From The Wv Show

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole thing was my fault. I bought over 500 vitros in about 2 hours. I was picking them up fast. I got some great ones. So I got 2 JABO's. So what? If anyone thinks my self esteem level is so low as to think I am worthless and embarrassed because I misidentified 2 marbles, they better spin that again. One of them is a beauty no matter what it is. The other I have jars of somewhere and should have known. So what if $2 -$3 was spent on a JABO mistaken for a Vitro. As Weldon told someone many times about David McCullough –"I'm not losing a friend over any damn marble". I'm not hurting Danny Grocki over any damn $2 marble.

I am purposely leaving the mistake marbles up. I am not embarrassed by making a mistake. All of us make mistakes and some of us admit it

You shouldn't be embarrassed. I was simply bringing up the point because so many folks hammered the heck out of me for insinuating that many these new run marbles resemble vintage marbles and will be a big problem to future collectors. You simply helped prove my point by posting several of them that you bought thinking they were vintage..And if Grocki actually thought they were old that was another seasoned collector fooled. 2 bucks does mean a lot to some folks.

"Side with Galen, nothing can be done, they're already out there" Please stop now before this gets turned into a raging flame off. This is a place to post the beautiful marbles I got in West Virginia. If you want to have a flame off save it for the post I'm making as soon as I finish this. The title will be "Flame Off". And please wait to post until I am finished. I will post on it that I am finished. You can rant all you want to on it and Steph can move it to the other place.

"Side with Galen, nothing can be done, they're already out there" Please stop now before this gets turned into a raging flame off. This is a place to post the beautiful marbles I got in West Virginia. If you want to have a flame off save it for the post I'm making as soon as I finish this. The title will be "Flame Off". And please wait to post until I am finished. I will post on it that I am finished. You can rant all you want to on it and Steph can move it to the other place.

Wow, you should try the decaffinated version. I was in no way starting a flame off. Way to jump the gun.

No caffeine here. I guess I've just been holding it back for 2 1/2 years. I'm tired of all the JABO crap. If you look back at the history, every time I posted some JABO, the post ended up flaming. I stopped posting for ages. Think about it. I'm polite to every one's choices. I may not like antique hand mades, but I can be polite and admire their marbles. I happen to like hand made contemps, vintage machine made, and modern machine made. Everybody to their own liking, but we ought to be civil. I guess my generation practiced civility, doesn't seem to be desirable here with some folks. I'm not asking for everyone to like JABO. I happen to know Galen has a lot of JABO. I'm not asking everyone to agree with my opinion. I am respectful of their opinion and I'd like some respect for mine. I don't think it's my job to warn all newbies about JABO. It is my opinion that when someone expresses some of the opinions we see here often, that they are putting down people who collect it and that stinks. JABO is affordable and for some people, it's the marbles they can afford. Many of us old timers have vintage marbles locked away in our collections, never to be seen again until we die. If we are going to promote and continue the hobby of collecting, we have to respect and encourage the young people who collect JABO now and hopefully in time they will be able to collect vintage. Or maybe their JABO's will have become vintage.

When some of you reading suggested that the JABO collectors have their own board and should go to Bocci's place, that was offensive to me. THIS IS THE MAINLINE BOARD FOR MACHINE MADES. Why should I go to a board that is only JABO and not very active because some of you cannot refrain from being negative about JABO's. I go to the contemp board every day and post my hand made contemps often. When I post a vintage machine made or JABO occasionally, nobody gets bent out of shape. We could all learn from each other here, but we have to respect each others interests. Notice I didn't say like each others interests. If the JABO with V's like vitro had been posted here I would have known it was JABO. I would have bought it anyway because it's pretty. But I wouldn't have posted it as Vitro Agate. All of us could learn from each other. When I have posted this way before, some of you have criticized me for wanting a "neat little world", all lovey dovey, always pleasant. Well, there is some truth in that. There is so much pain, hurt, hate, arguing over split hairs, discrimination, exclusivity in the real world that I don't need it when I come here to relax or show off marbles or learn something. Maybe some of you enjoy the JABO conflicts. I don't come here to get into flame offs. Some of you say you aren't doing or saying anything hateful, putting marbles down, putting people down, ridiculling what people like to collect, but that's how you are perceived to many others. Think about it. Watch what you put in print. Most of you would never say those things in person, facing the collector you feel free to type it to. We all should be promoting the collecting of marbles. We all should feel good about whatever turns us on. Is that possible here? Is it possible to stop making the remarks about investors being the only ones who object to the negativity? Can we stop having flame offs everytime the subject of JABO is posted? Now, if you think you see yourself in my ramblings, maybe you do; maybe you don't. I know it isn't just 2 or 3 of you. I don't want to single anybody out. I just want civility. I want the ability to post whatever marbles I like without being criticized for what I like or what I post. Being civil does not mean we all have to agree, get that? It doesn't mean we all have to think alike. Let's see if we can all positively enjoy this marble board. By the way, the remark about caffeine was funny, but not everybody would take it that way. That could be hurtful to someone with low self esteem, or did you mean to be hurtful. I hope not. Peace! UP with marbles, whatever their maker!

One more thing. Catfish, I was not addressing you specifically. I was addressing all the people who post the negative stuff before they could get going and have my post become a flame off. You just happened to post what the "collective negative folks" have repeated over and over. My apologies if you thought I was addressing you specifically. Edna

One more thing. Catfish, I was not addressing you specifically. I was addressing all the people who post the negative stuff before they could get going and have my post become a flame off. You just happened to post what the "collective negative folks" have repeated over and over. My apologies if you thought I was addressing you specifically. Edna

All is good.