Flame Off

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worth falls with WHO wants it. As Mark said what are YOU willing to give. Whether its a CAC or Alley. Worth can also be defined on WHO you got from. Was it a gift? Did it come from someone's collection you hold dear to your heart? Was it from a famous collector? All of these can reasons for worth to you but maybe not someone else.

Unfortunately because of the nature of the market right now a CAC that looks like an Alley would have its value diminished while an Alley that looks like a CAC would have its value enhanced. This is without getting into a value argument or a collector favorites argument. I think it just stands to reason. Whatcha think? David

I,m looking at three flames/swirls with the color combination of #2(white minty green and orange) Have been in my christensens for years. I also have a striped opaque with the same colors. The white base on all four fluoresces. Tried to post the other day but been having issues with the DSL. IMHO these are christensens Like to see the one posted in hand as it sure looks like mine. Bill

Unfortunately because of the nature of the market right now a CAC that looks like an Alley would have its value diminished while an Alley that looks like a CAC would have its value enhanced. This is without getting into a value argument or a collector favorites argument. I think it just stands to reason. Whatcha think? David

Yes! and what Clyde said.Value lies with WHO wants it.If I want it ,it ain't worth much,I'm cheap!:lol:

It does somewhat horrify me considering the degree of false information going into the heads of a multitude of potentially new collectors and perpetrated by blissfully ignorant sellers, fraudulently or otherwise. At times it's a curse knowing marbles as some of us do. David

Sure are alot of Jabo's on Ebay!:computer-22:

Yes there is. On a slightly different rant, Ebay sure is raping sellers with fees and paypal fees. I hadn't sold on ebay for quite some time. Then my sister just sold an item and she told me what ebay/paypal charged her, and I nearly fell out of my chair. What a racket.

Sure are alot of Jabo's on Ebay!:computer-22:

I don't mind the Jabos on Ebay....... :rolleyes: If they were listed in the right place :angry2: pre 1970 how do they end up there???? Come on folks. At least list them right. Southern Marbles...who is this, put your Jabos in the right section. :fighting-163: New marbles do not belong in the pre 1970 listings.

I feel better :cool-smileys-262:

SNYD

Is southern_marbles the new ID for this guy:

atomic explosion of negatives

Wow! Ugly!

Seller took photo from another site. Seller DID NOT have the marble he listed. Buyer: Member id manitourivers ( Feedback Score Of 1085) Oct-02-10 19:48

Marbles: PELTIER GOLDEN REBEL MINT (#280566546390) US $717.00 View Item

I've bought from southern_marbles many times off eBay. I've never had a problem, but I get messages on eBay often that say the seller has to sell their collection to pay hospital bills for their daughter. The last time I looked at the feedback it looked like they were buying about as much as they are selling. This person also gives the impression they are female.

The line about having to pay her daughter's hospital bills is to set you up ahead of time so that you don't feel so bad when you wind up getting reamed. Now this guy Mike in West Virginia....if only eBay had tagged/flagged him straight out-of-the-shoot but I guess he just did some hit or misses and then hammered it home in October 2010 and then lit out for parts unknown. The incredible thing that Mike was doing as Steve states is that he didn't even have the marbles; he was copping marble photographs from websites. As for a "Lot of marbles on eBay" well sure, they're rather nice but if you're wishing that they could be properly identified then you're dreaming because its a free market place (Other than the fees!) and that means that anyone and everyone can pile on the bandwagon of major misidentification. I suspect that the preponderance of the Jabo sales are just flat out ignorance about the marbles rather than fraud. David

mike started sellin marbles under bobbiessportscards then switched to the name he frauded on...i too believe hes the same as southern marbles....he bombed out in all the other names too...the pictures and descriptions are a pretty close match....before he went private on his facebook account he was sayin how he was livin in ocala..i think he has family there....if somebody knew how they could prob find out who the girl he uses in his ebay profile page...i predict he will soon put the screwin on with his present venture...