mrappleseed

Marbles In The Movies

Great clip!

I haven't seen that one. I still have the movie on my "to watch" list. Now I want to watch it even more.

I was at the premiere of King of the Hill in NYC and in Philadelphia. We met the three child actors, Jesse Bradford, Cameron Boyd and a then unknown Katherine Heigel. We shot marbles with them, got their autographs and taught them how to shoot. Most of the shooting was done by the "magic of the camera" for the actual movie. We each did get a piece of the broken glass marble. It was a great expierence and we all got posters and books and all kinds of memorabelia from the movie. I have a few copies of it on VHS, but I don't believe it ever came out on DVD. I have a few photos of the NYC event on my facebook page. Katherine Heigl certainly has a become a star......she was 14 at the time.....I wonder if she remembers shooting marbles at the premiere??

I have several of those medals !!! Thanks for posting it, I forgot I had it :) And there were velvet like marble bags with marbles in them.