popculturizm

"1931" Collection

I just acquired 2 tins of marbles from a New jersey estate - at the bottom of one of the tins was a 1931 "Tarzan" comic strip (folded as cusioning) . so I am refering to these as the "1931" collection or lot - the original owner got them as a kid and stopped picking them up right before he went off to war so 1923-1935 (or about then) I am in between Cameras (the one I have is not good with macro) so I apologizies for the lack of clarity and definitiion but these first groups have a lot of character - superman - christmas trees & rebels - very large Akro Blue Eggyolk and 3 Peltier John Deeres, the majority of the lot seem to be Peltier and Akro with some great Akro Imperial's yellow/white/oxblood and limeade oxblood's as well as some "flamed" christensen and other great mib's - the little 3 for a penny box is japanese - will post more when my new camera arrives later this week. and look for us on AMC's "Comic Book Men" epsiode 3 airing Sunday Night at 10pm right after the "Waliing Dead" I have a recurring role in the series.

post-2349-0-04627200-1330218658_thumb.jp

post-2349-0-74467700-1330218686_thumb.jp

post-2349-0-06216600-1330218722_thumb.jp

post-2349-0-87264200-1330218747_thumb.jp

Besides the gorgeous marbles, it's very interesting to see the Japanese box in a collection with such an early date associated with it.

Here is another grouping from the collection - I think these are mostly early Vitro's and some Akro's, still waiting on a metter Macro zome camera. - the 6 to the right are an odd opague gray and there are a few nice vitro elites in this group thanks for looking robert@pop.

post-2349-0-39248500-1330487863_thumb.jp

Hi the Japamnese box has what look to be hand gathered swirls with a "sheared" pontil and are all <5/8" will take some more photos (as soon as I figure out where I put the box in this chaos) snafu thanks again Robert@Pop.