Random Non-Marble Eye Candy ( :

Steph

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's completely for real in that area -- at least if you have your settings right on your camera to capture the colors.  

My brother and his family were in Ireland and talking about how exceptionally green it was ... like shades of green seen nowhere else in the world -- ultra green.   But the photos they were showing were kinda normal ... even on the dull side.  Then finally my brother posted one which was ultra green.  I like to think the colors are real but maybe you gotta trick your camera into showing them.  

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:23 AM, Steph said:

Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

f6cd064057bd3c509a8744429df7e5bc.jpg

I've actually been in this exact spot and unless they've had a toxic algae bloom recently I don't remember it looking like this, just your standard water and rock colors in one of the most peaceful beautiful places in the world.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think he is afraid the weather might get nice enough for a rag-top ride.

Yes, this photo is an oldie of my 1959 Triumph TR3-A.

The picture is from 1962 or so.

DSCN7217.JPG

I can't keep much from my son. My hot rod reputation precedes me.

The trophies are from the Westhampton drag strip

and at "The Bridge" - Bridgehampton sports car race track.

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Steph said:

accidental backyard art -- digging the tomato cages -- the view from my kitchen window

I see it! Neat modernist tribute to Warhol's canned tomato soups. ;)

I hiked two miles in Glacier Park to gorgeous Avalanche Lake last weekend. It was grizzly country but tons of hikers so the bears steered clear. Glacial runoff water is as bone-chillingly cold as you'd expect.

20170528_173235.jpg

5 minutes ago, Steph said:

Beautiful.  Do you live near there?  Will you be able to go back in the heat of the summer?  What a great escape.   

Yes about 30 minutes away. There are more than 700 lakes in the park, 131 of which have names.

It's finally warm here but it did rain on the way back so you must always be prepared. Stays light until almost 10pm right now which helps make up for long grey winter.

• 1 month later...

Steph, your accidental backyard art (okay, I remember the photograph even if photobucket is blocking it actually): Just put some hoses or gutter like half pipes to the framework and you could get an 'accidental backyard marble run'.

Bumblebee, you have a nice piece of nature you are living nearby. Really.

8 hours ago, Hoody said:

Steph, your accidental backyard art (okay, I remember the photograph even if photobucket is blocking it actually): Just put some hoses or gutter like half pipes to the framework and you could get an 'accidental backyard marble run'.

Good idea! :D