How About A Name, A Face And A Preference. Machine Or Handmade?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I’m Jessica (Jess), I’ve been around here for a few years, mostly just stalking the page, popping in and checking out the pictures lol!

I collect almost strictly Akro, but have a couple I’ve collected of other machine makers and handmades. I started collecting about 12 years ago when I came across a box of marbles at an estate sale and was curious about them, little did I know what I was getting into :\ I found this page and have been hooked since.

The photo was taken last summer, my brother took me on a nice trip for my 40th birthday.

-Jess

post-78-0-39581400-1428322014_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

My name is Rory. Been around on these boards for years. I go by Coolspecs4u or Road Dog. I collect the Slag type marbles. I also have quite a few other collections including Bottles, Hot Wheels , Cookie Jars, and Arrowheads.

post-83-0-55663800-1432805256_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Greetings,

"This is me." - Kim Luck, M*A*S*H episode

I've been collecting and selling marbles for about 12 years.  My fun and joy come from machine mades, especially Vitros, handpicked flames from any manufacturer as well as a few contemporary made marbles.

selfie1.jpg

Edited by rockgardenplants
image too large

• 2 months later...

If hats are cool  I'd better post a picture with a hat ;)

coat.JPG

Richard. Newcomer to the world of marbles and no strong preference for machine made or hand made so far and just buying what interests me / has aesthetic appeal. No interest in rarity at the moment - I'd rather have a set of nice looking sunbursts than a sulphide (each to their own B)).

1 hour ago, Steph said:

:D

I do love hats.  And the jacket is mighty fine too.

I get so effusive over hats, that I once got a marriage proposal out of it.  Not kidding. 

The coat is Belgian - but the hat is from your side of the pond. I had it custom made for me by a wonderful hatter in Eugene, Oregon. I think I've got about 30 hats (a sensible number compared to the amount of marbles I've been picking up :lol:).

So, I guess I should join in. Jerry. On again, off again collector. Quit collecting seriously more than 10 years ago, restarted collecting this past November. Was a high-end machine made collector back in the day and now just looking for cool Peltier Rainbos.

A picture of the two old men. Rudy will be 18 in August and the other old fart turned 69 in March

RudyandOF2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

AH....that is me too the left ..prefer pre-war -post-transitional - CAC's - Plels - Akro and more (but who doesn't) - busy life with wife - kids - currently working as consulting producer and On-air Expert - "AMC's Comic Book Men" - google Rob Bruce and I appear - nearly 200,000 toys - comics and more in my collection.  rb

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

My Name is Ray and I have been collecting for a few years. I have studied machine made swirls for a long time. Cut my teeth on Alley Agate then did research on Jackson where I have at one time or another have owned aprox. 90% of the styles that they have made. I have been the owner of three of the Jackson bags. I am currently learning Christensen Swirls and hope to share some pictures with the forum in the future.

IMG_20161015_190002960-480x270.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...