How About A Name, A Face And A Preference. Machine Or Handmade?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I realized after browsing through here I never posted my mug shot and properly introduced myself - oops, sorry folks, better late than never I guess. I’m an old retired married guy in the NE Columbus, Ohio area, and I’ve been marble collecting for almost 20 years (well, almost 60 if you count my childhood Crisco can of cats, clearies, Marble Kings and Masters.) My favorites are unusual “see-thrus,” especially HTF Akro snakes, ribbons and Popeyes, the hand gathered faceted pontil slags fka Leightons, and smaller (1” or so) cloud onions. But if it’s round and pretty...:confetti:

FB0809BF-55F7-4B9C-A059-6A5C680C9E66.jpeg

My name is Joe, the pic is from 2010 when me and my son's, Josh and jojo, found the Mifflin meteorite main mass, on my 9 day of hunting, walking 18-20miles a day, walking and looking for 12+ hours a day rain or shine. Was the time of my life, I hunted with all the meteorite hunters and collectors that I look up to and someday hope to emulate. I'm from Mendota Illinois, I'm about to turn, forty in September.

I love vintage machine made, also handmade, but prefer machine made..

FB_IMG_1525852300602.jpg

Nice shot good story 

Im Craig im 52 been around on and off here for 5 years been working a remote location with little to no internet so haven`t been around for the last 8 months 

Don't buy much marbles but love the german hand mades Bought a couple handfuls over the years and pick up the odd ebay lot down here in Australia if they look interesting mostly Australian lots contain marbles that you would find on Ebay UK German Vieligglas the french wisplers and a mix of maker Transitionals Started collecting marble after finding them in the ground and under houses looking for bottles, found handmade's, transitionals, slags, bennington's and the odd made in USA marble 

Love marbles and there are 3 other loves in my life 

Bottle collecting / Digging / Picture from last sunday

DSCN1378.jpg

My Daughter who is my Digging partner  and also a marble & bottle collector

Pic from 3 weeks ago black line all red 

DSCN1362_JPG_1b5470dbb38eb5833cdc3e96a97

And lastly Cliff fishing which has been my passion for 30 years picture from the end of May  60 odd pounder from Quobba station

big_fella.jpg

DSCN1393.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I'm game. Here is a quick bit. My name is David and I fell into this spherical world somewhat inadvertently when I purchased a large lot of marble in a local auction. My intention was to turn them over quickly, but I was sucked in. I really enjoy the beauty and craft of every marble, I have many Pelts it seems, but I think I may become a ravenswood collector. The depth and sharpness of the swirls are amazing to look at. I'm a rookie, so I am sure I will find other I enjoy equally. I am so pleased to have found this place, and appreciate all the help and patience everyone has granted me so far.20180711_210410-min.thumb.jpg.6f18324423cdb201c3a932b649e432a7.jpg

Hi all ,  I’m Stephen in New Jersey . I should have introduced myself months ago , just getting around to it now. Here”s me on stilts at work. I’m employed by Rutgers University Athletics. I’m very greatful for everyone’s help in explo5925B838-6F4C-4E77-BCDC-DF74BF0D6A6D.thumb.jpeg.7a701f85230bf534230e66bb8d1bd84a.jpegjring  the fascinating hobby of marble collecting. So much fun and educational here ! 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess I'm up. I played marbles in the streets of Mexico as a youth and never lost the interest of marbles. I only had the cat eyed type and sometimes a shooter here and there but I never knew the culture, History and Collection ability that Marbles had. A week or so ago I purchased a few thousand marbles from a Gentleman that's been collection them for over 40 years and within that collection I received the Marbles that you fellas have been assisting me in Identifying. Here's a picture with my friend in Afghanistan before she was sacrificed(I'm the one on the left!). I am currently Retired from the Military did 13 Usmc and 7 Army, 3 Iraq 1 Afghanistan. Shows that Marbles are in all walks of life. 

Semper Fi.

Me & Sheep.jpg

Welcome Jose. Cannot thank you enough for your service

John Warner

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...