How About A Name, A Face And A Preference. Machine Or Handmade?

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, SherryFain said:

My name is Sherry.. I’m not sure type of marbles I like yet but I do like the bright and colorful ones! Nice to meet y’all!

8A84AA32-647C-4B16-8B8E-75266404DA16.png

"Thanks for posting Sherry"   :)  

Always nice to put  face to the name !! Those mibs oughta look nice in the window., I've seen entire walls of them made into murals. I think it was Steph who posted a picture from the movie "Mr. & Mrs. Jones" where there was a dragon mural made entirely of marbles either covering the wall or hanging in the background, hopefully she'll see this post & be able to find the pic easily since I can't ?? People do all kinds of things w/ them, since you like art I bet this will turn out to be a great outlet in more ways than you ever expected !! Oh yeah !! Like the new Avatar !!

• Award 1

46 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

"Thanks for posting Sherry"   :)  

Always nice to put  face to the name !! Those mibs oughta look nice in the window., I've seen entire walls of them made into murals. I think it was Steph who posted a picture from the movie "Mr. & Mrs. Jones" where there was a dragon mural made entirely of marbles either covering the wall or hanging in the background, hopefully she'll see this post & be able to find the pic easily since I can't ?? People do all kinds of things w/ them, since you like art I bet this will turn out to be a great outlet in more ways than you ever expected !! Oh yeah !! Like the new Avatar !!

Oooo yeah, I’ve got lots of ideas now.. thanks Chad!! 😉

A name and a face...Officially, Welcome to MarbleConnection! I've been here since late March and absolutely love every aspect of this website. New friends as well as mentors for a hobby I have throughly enjoyed and glad to have gotten involved with. Enjoy and again, welcome to the family 😊

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Gina Macias said:

Sherry, Your art is top notch, the colors are beautiful. I already picked out two prints to purchase. Thank you for sharing and you will meet some wonderful people on this forum.  Gina

So good to see you Gina !! Very happy you're doing alright !!

On 11/13/2021 at 12:35 PM, Gina Macias said:

Sherry, Your art is top notch, the colors are beautiful. I already picked out two prints to purchase. Thank you for sharing and you will meet some wonderful people on this forum.  Gina

Thank you so much!!!! ❤️

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Andy McLaughlin said:

Andy McLaughlin here! Greetings from an avid Alaskan Marble Lover. I like ALL marbles, both machine and hand made. But focused primarily on Vacors the past few years in order to make the Vacor ID Book called "For the Love of Vacors"- let me know if interested in getting a copy?

DSC00610.JPG

Andy selfie bou.jpg

Yesir Andy, good to put a face to the name, my mug is somewhere on this forum, thanks for takin the time on the book I know it probably wasn't an easy task, but for the love of the hobby !! No hunting for me this year, stinkin health issues !!

• 1 month later...

I’m Lauren. Preference is machine mades. I appreciate the time and process of handmade, but I am a machine-made girl. Also partial to peltiers. And christensens of course. But there’s elements of every company that I love. I LOVE marbles! I’m the only collector I know so it’s nice meeting other people like me ❤️ 

6577C59D-85D9-4798-94E5-8AE13EEE9E72.jpeg

• Like 3

Welcome to MarbleConnection, Lauren! I started collecting a little over a year ago, joining MC a short time later. Little did I know it would become my home away from home! A wonderful place full of knowledge, fun and awesome people 😊

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 7:20 AM, jameswymer said:

Name is James Wymer. I am an auctioneer by trade. I live in Shelbyville, In. I am originally from Cincinnati. I am the big ugly one on the left. Machine Made. 

20211211_152310.jpg

Hello James,

So good to see your smiling faces :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jameswymer said:

Name is James Wymer. I am an auctioneer by trade. I live in Shelbyville, In. I am originally from Cincinnati. I am the big ugly one on the left. Machine Made. 

20211211_152310.jpg

Welcome James! I myself was born in Indianapolis and lived my childhood in Indiana until moving to Florida in the late 70's. Lived in Rushville, West Lafayette, Carmel, Jamestown. Don't recall which one is closest to Shelbyville but I have been there a few times years ago! I still have cousins there, most notably Jim Neal, son of Judy Neal. But anyway, welcome to MarbleConnection 😊

14 hours ago, William said:

Welcome James! I myself was born in Indianapolis and lived my childhood in Indiana until moving to Florida in the late 70's. Lived in Rushville, West Lafayette, Carmel, Jamestown. Don't recall which one is closest to Shelbyville but I have been there a few times years ago! I still have cousins there, most notably Jim Neal, son of Judy Neal. But anyway, welcome to MarbleConnection 😊

Thanks William it is great meeting you and all these wonderful people. I am new to marbles, but due to auctioneering and antique background I love research. Rushville is close. My girlfriend wants to move to Florida, but this Midwest boy does not belong in a tourist area. She will win someday lol. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

I realized I never put a picture here .

Well hello 👋 

I'm definitely an American machine made marble guy.

Handmade marbles are amazing but the American mibs hold a place in my heart...

20211110_154914.jpg

Ahh !! There you are, thanks for puttin a face to the name Brother   :thup:

• Award 1

Me and my better half ❤️

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of tye-dye 🌈

BTW that's not my gut hanging out, just my favorite fanny pack 😆

Edit: Completely forgot, I'd have to admit that modern handmades probably light up my eyes the most but vintage machine-made mibs have recently become an interest.  My intro to marbles as an adult was watching the master Mark Mathews.

IMG_1786.jpeg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Fuzzy Chubbs said:

Me and my better half ❤️

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of tye-dye 🌈

BTW that's not my gut hanging out, just my favorite fanny pack 😆

Edit: Completely forgot, I'd have to admit that modern handmades probably light up my eyes the most but vintage machine-made mibs have recently become an interest.  My intro to marbles as an adult was watching the master Mark Mathews.

IMG_1786.jpeg

Good to see the both of you Cole, thanks for postin a pic !! I was trippin for a minute on the fanny pack  image.png.3135edc9273e97638ac84e8432d5a71a.png