Is This The Real Thing?

jeroen

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Steph, I guess I probably did have reserves about discussing the fine points of how to tell when a marble isn't what the general marble community refers to as a "Scenic China." And, yes... For those reasons... But hey... We can't keep everything secret, either.

This marble isn't fake... It's a real marble!! It's china (I presume) and it has a scenic scene painted on it...

But, it sure isn't anything near what I would refer to as a "Scenic China..."

Bob, you can call it a scenic china, you can call it a Christmas Miracle, or you could call it George...

You can ask Bob, you can ask Hansel, you can ask Paul Baumann (I've got his number around here, somewhere...)

But, I'll tell ya, I sure as hell am glad I'm NOT the one with more than 25 bucks in it.

'Sorry, man.... But, there's just no way to wish it any different. :party-243:

My god .. another jackass steps up and runs off at the mouth without any brains loaded ...Your so far off and jealous .. You are nobody and never will be ..so shut your mouth broad and maybe i won't come over for a visit..women !!!! :evil-grin-smileys-111:

Wow..... I guess Bob tells time the way he sees marbles... Unless NY has changed time zones in the last 24 hours...

another jackass steps up and runs off at the mouth without any brains loaded ...Your so far off and jealous ..

Honey... i don't need to be jealous... Check the reference credits on some of your books.

These have been popping up on Ebay intermittently for a few years now, about as long as those newer sulphides (santa, etc). Maybe they weren't made yesterday, but I would be very surprised if it turned out they were even half the age of traditional scenics. In any event, I would not buy one for my collection, and I've told that to anyone who has asked me. I thought I made my opinion clear earlier in this thread, but maybe not in so many words.

Guest browse4antiques

The marble in question (at 2 and 1/32") is 2.5x greater in volume than the otherwise largest known scenic china. ... Roger

Bob, please don't speak to Sue that way. Even if you don't appreciate her knowledge, which is considerable, you're on very thin ice talking to her that way.

I have written articles for the marble collectors society of america and you should all respect what i tell you .

Wow..... I guess Bob tells time the way he sees marbles... Unless NY has changed time zones in the last 24 hours...

Honey... i don't need to be jealous... Check the reference credits on some of your books.

Are you blind also .. that's a handicap in this field ! That was posted at 11:50 pm ...jerk .

Well, here is a comparison with a marble Sue posted once. Not a scenic obviously. But a good way to contrast the craftsmanship in the pinwheel design.

Pinwheel_comparison.jpg

And just what makes you think that these were done with stencils by the same person ? Take a lesson honey , they were not all done by the same hand with stencils .

Are you blind also .. that's a handicap in this field ! That was posted at 11:50 pm ...jerk .

Which is not after midnight. thup.gif (And it was posted at 11:43 Eastern Time)

Now, you've been given fair warning about the name calling. If you don't back off from the insults on your own, we'll have to take action on our end.

New York mighta looked like after midnight from the Chicago area.....

I apologize, Bob... I didn't realize you were published!!! That makes SUCH a difference!!

Please tell.... Which articles are yours? I'd love to go back and read them.