Master Marble Boxes Filled With Akro Agates

spara50

RE: Chuck's box. Did Master ever package Akro marbles while Akro was still in business? I thought that the "Masters" did not leave Akro on the best of terms. And since the principals were from Akro, would it be too surprising that some of their earliest production might look similar? I'd guess the marbles in Chuck's box are early Masters.

I edited this post because the last thing I would ever want to do is "fuzzle" Steph. lol

<insert joke about Ric having me on ignore :P>

The time frame I'm thinking of for all of this is marbles from the 40's, packaged in the 50's. The patches in Post #3 are ones I would guess were from 1940's so it doesn't surprise me that they'd be in the stock Master bought from Akro.

I was surprised by the corks in Post #2. But in a way they made sense. I've never been sure of when cork production ended but the corks in Craig's boxes don't exactly fit the types I'm familiar with from the 1930's, so maybe they were produced later after all.

Chuck's aventurine marble looks more Master to me than Akro fwiw, but ......

Ric I only have the pic. The bag isnt mine. Here is the info "from a marble king advertising card. As you may reconize bags containing Akro and peltier. And some nice Akro's at that."

The letter "

The lettler includeind with the advertising of Akro marbles in marble kings packaging. berry pink the "marble king" not to be out done in advertizing claims his compay produces for over 30 years, in 1957? ha. go figure?, but he was the king of marble salesman, this letter was included in the card sets that contained Akro and peltier marbles in the bags..Akro went out of production around 1952. obviously the king grabbed the left over stock. .herein claiming them as his own, funny guy"

If Berry pink produced them? I dont know. That would be a question for the bag experts. Maybe Al can answer that?

Clyde, CB seems to think that those mixed bags were one of a kind and only put together for the advertising campaign. I'd be interested to know if anybody, other than the folks who were there at the time, has ever had one in hand. I have the same 100 ct bag and header but it has all St. Mary's Alleys in it.

On another note, is it odd that I don't see any trace of a verticle seam on the advertising card bag?

The emphasis on recycling adds to my impression of this being a thrifty 40's or 50's thing. How big was recycling before the war? I have some neat examples of recycled materials used for packaging. My best is some fur cleaning powder which says "hand grenade container" on the bottom. ( : Posted a pic of that one here once.