Guess I Need To Recheck My Marbles

mon

There was a very brief period last year when Our Boy was quiet and things were looking up, to the extent that someone felt comfortable enough to post some of their recently-discovered information and evidence. K chose to interpret it as an attack against him (his knowledge) and his "acknowledged marble-expert" friends -- instead of being interested and/or excited that they had chosen to post it on his board. Went into one of his endless rants about how "just because someone's been collecting a long time doesn't mean they know anything about marbles." It became painfully evident that he didn't understand the distinction between "opinion" and "facts/evidence." He then started altering people's posts, among other things, making it look like they were saying things they NEVER would have said, including calling people names. Psycho.

You had more sense than I did, Edna!

Just reading this thread as it has been a while since I was here. As for buying cheap, I found out early on that while there seemed to be a lot of hawks making sure people don't sell a Serpent as a Superman, i learned early on the real rip off artists were those who were trying to buy a superman as a serpent.

I say that because MOST noobs won't buy a $200 plus marble until they know the difference yet would have already lost their $200 for $5.00 before they figure it out.

Andrea, it's Kevin Roberts' board. He was FeelingMarbleous and swirljunky and marblelover at this site. (After he got banned/suspended, he had a tendency to make up new ID's to get back on the board.)

Chances are someone will send you the site address by PM. He and his friends have had no shyness in the past about using the PM systems here and at LOM to send their link to. But please no one link to it on the open board. We've been through that before.

I have been calling these red transparent based Peltier NLRs as "Cherry Float", originating from the name "Rootbeer Float". I have called blue examples as "Blueberry Float". I haven't come up a name for the green ones, but thinking of "Kiwi Float" :).

Sami

I get the tongue-in-cheek, but if you do have examples of NLR's that fit that description they sound interesting