Awesome Patch

duffy

The one in that article is the one I'm convinced is a Vacor Clownfish. Not to imply that any other in this thread is a Vacor. I don't think that at all. Just gonna be a long time before anyone convinces me the one in the article is otherwise.

Steph, Do you have a pic with Clownfish that look similar? The ones I've seen don't look like that. But then, I surely haven't seen them all and there's always that outlier issue. And look at the orange peel on the one I posted.

Steph, Do you have a pic with Clownfish that look similar? The ones I've seen don't look like that. But then, I surely haven't seen them all and there's always that outlier issue. And look at the orange peel on the one I posted.

I'll go with "outlier". They don't match the catalog photo of the clownfish with the two opposing stripes. But the michelangelo's which everyone loves don't match the catalog photos either.

If I'm not mistaken the marble in that article may be the exact one manddrakes posted a question about once. I believe manddrakes found it together in a group of four. Manddrakes' very similar marble might actually be one of the three on the right here but was at least found with them.

Manddrakes.jpg

Those don't match the simple striped clownfish, but come close to the style on the shooter here with the more master-like arrangement of color:

Bigger is Better

Disclaimer: I don't think Duffy's are like these at all.

I was gettin ready to hit the "post" button and read stephs post......I'll say that the image in the top left post IS the same marble in the article............okay ...heres what I was going to post:

Orange peel or no, your marble looks like a Master to me. I can't place it yet with boxed evidence but I don't have pics of that many Master boxes at hand.

I agree with Rics marble being a Master as well

The one in that article is the one I'm convinced is a Vacor Clownfish. Not to imply that any other in this thread is a Vacor. I don't think that at all. Just gonna be a long time before anyone convinces me the one in the article is otherwise.

Im thinking Master for the one in the article...Here is a detail ...Look at those Master style eyelashes and definate "U" seam

master001.jpgmaster002.jpg

Here is a detail of a Clownfish (sorry for the pixelation) ...Look how the colors meet at "a tip" (most Vacors do this).....totally different IMHO

master005.jpg

master003.jpgmaster004.jpg

My bad, Steph. I probably shouldn't have asked for the pic, but I do appreciate you showing it. One of the things that makes me lean Master on Duffy's mib is that large patch of dark color. I've never seen similar on an orange/blue Akro. But I've seen it on several I think are Master . . . might change if I saw it in hand. And thanks for the discussion, Chuck. I always appreciate your insight.