Is 33/64 Still Considered A Peewee??

3oranges

I won on ebay the most beautiful CAC Striped transparent PeeWee that was listed at 1/2"

My heart was so broken when I measured it at 33/64. I am somewhat of a purist when it comes to my peewee collection but this marble is STUNNING :(

Trying to decide if I should return it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAC-CHRISTENSEN-TRANSPARENT-STRIPED-PEEWEE-ELECTRIC-MARBLE-/330873940585

Guest browse4antiques

Some will accept a marble as being peewee if it has one diameter of measurement that is no more than 0.5", others insist that there should be no measurement possible greater than 0.5". My sense is that most are quite strict about the 0.5" limit. (great looking marble!). ... Roger

well in a pee wee a .015625 is a lot but in the ad it says 1/2 being a pee wee only in the top lable so in the wording of calling it 1/2 inch that is in the range of being acceptable for the way it was listed , If looking for pee wees I would have asked for a more exact size but temember only a very well trained person that reads a mic every day well be exact most are about 3 to 5 thousandths off . what do you measure with ? when being fussy never use fractions . Mike

I'm not real sure what you are getting at about the add being acceptable or not. This post is by no means trying to discredit anyone and they do offer 14 day money back. However, when shopping for a peewee, a listing titled as such from a high end seller also claiming the size to be 1/2" is about as clear as it can get. I usually do inquire further with your average marble seller. I truly respect the seller, just a little heart broken because i'm a peewee collector and thought i had a jewel. It measures 0.52 on an accurate set of calipers.

A human hair is .003 of an inch. So the measurement you took is 2.5 human hairs on each side of the marble off of a "pee wee".

I think you got the marble for a great price and considering that it is YOUR collection not the collection of anyone else what do you really care what they think?

Such a small amount off and the price you paid, I would keep it.

I went ahead and returned it :( I tried 2 other calipers with the same results. I really wanted it to be a peewee but my budget is limited and I would rather put that kind of money toward a true peewee or a good size CAC. The search continues...

If she relists the marble and someone is not as picky about the size, BID! It is a lovely marble.

I must admit I started to miss it as soon as I walked out of the post office. If only I had more money it would have been a no brainer!!

Does anyone on this site own one of the peewee boxes? I would love to know what CAC considers a peewee.

I must admit I started to miss it as soon as I walked out of the post office. If only I had more money it would have been a no brainer!!

Does anyone on this site own one of the peewee boxes? I would love to know what CAC considers a peewee.

I don't have any in hand, but I was under the impression that marbles sold as peewees could be a little bigger than 1/2" back in the day.