Ok, I Know This Guy That

Ok I know this guy that sort of is starting to like antique trains.

Well if he starts to collect trains will that be ok with his marbles. Will they feel left out? You see he just can't find enough marbles to hold his interest. He likes the really good ones . Anyways is it ok to collect marbles and trains?

I think it's kind of a sickness.

Maybe he should quit collecting,

Slowly

Or

Cold turkey.

No he could never do that.

Yes he could no problem.

No probably not.

Ok who collects trains.

Better yet tell us what you collect. ?????

For me it's 18th and 19th century schoolgirl samplers and books related to same, sewing machines, sewing and needlework related items, spinning wheels and other textile related items, antique transferware, blue ridge dishes, decorative art depicting squirrels, books and other items relating to local history, and oh, yeah, marbles.

Wow, it's a little scary when you write it out!

L.v. aronson(mainly the elephants)

old pocket knifes(switch blades included)

Ivory

Asian art, various types

vinyl

german shepherds, polar bears(ivory and russian porcelain)

Old advertising(especially porcelain signs and reverse glass paintings)

original band posters from the 70's (actually lots of 60's and 70's stuff)

a few old coke items..

old toys

and various things that classify as neat old stuff.lol

oh and marbles... yes it IS an addiction.

Ok I know this guy that sort of is starting to like antique trains.

Well if he starts to collect trains will that be ok with his marbles. Will they feel left out? You see he just can't find enough marbles to hold his interest. He likes the really good ones . Anyways is it ok to collect marbles and trains?

I think it's kind of a sickness.

Maybe he should quit collecting,

Slowly

Or

Cold turkey.

No he could never do that.

Yes he could no problem.

No probably not.

Ok who collects trains.

Better yet tell us what you collect. ?????

I've mentioned this before somewhere, but my license plate is MARBLS. When I used to have my PO box in Trumbull, there was a guy that I used to run into at the Post Office who's license plate was TRAINS. I used to tell him that all we needed was someone with the license plate DOLLS and we could open a toy shop.

Marbles

Pre-1940's Van Briggle Art Pottery

Pre-1940's Cracker Jack items

Stoneware

Bottles

Antiques in general that catch my eye

I dabble in most of these categories other than marbles. Bottles are getting to be more serious by the day as I have currently hit my glass ceiling with marble collecting.

Just marbles, Art, and some sports memorablia. Not enough meteorites wood decoys fossils or arrowheads to call them collections(yet)LOL. Before loosing everything I owned to a thief after the divorce my collecting was at a fevered pace. I was selling out of 5 storesto help fund my habit and even making cross country buying trips to feed the habit.

2 recliners and a couch were the only non-antique furniture in the house. The collections included

Militaria,Revolution-WWII [weapons paperwork flags etc.

Fraternal Organization memorabilia-pins buttons, parade ribbons, rings etc} pre 1900 paperweights, marbles

Fossils, Indian Artifacts{North and South American}, Early American Pewter, Early American cut crystal, German Steins with Lithiphanes, Porcelain Dolls, Porcelain 3 footed bowls, Bottles with emphasis on labeled poisons, Hand made wood toys, Brass and wood tools, Ivory{emphasis on 2 animal netsukes, Mounted insects, Mineral crystals, Pre 60s non sports cards. Hand made lace items,and I am sure a few I forgot to list. The worst part about the robbery was loosing 5 generations of family material.Ouch!