Shows Us Your Pelts

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ann, A lot of people call them "Halloweens". Now these could very well fall into that family but have an opalescent base and a red/orange ribbons with black ribbons. These types can be found with a little looking. I like them, especially with the opal base. Chuck G--

Mib, thats one that needs to be in hand for a better resolution. Another iding factor for pelts is a lazy S shear or seam cut on it. A single seam does reflect to CAC but i have yet seen a single shear cut on a pelt unless the two cuts become one somehow. I have found most fo the time, two cuts on pelts and sometimes they are within an eighth of an inch and also three cuts and a few four cut lines on them. Dont know for sure how this happens and i have many three cut pelts and a few four cut ones also. I love discussions like this where the insight can also come from others who have great ideas and input and we all learn something more, new and different. Its what makes the hobby so much fun. Chuck G--

Hey Chuck G......yeah, "single seam" is probably not a good description of this mib. I think it looks a lot like other Pelt slags I have had, where two ends are folded over together but not to the extent where the seams merge. The fold line where the ends meet can look like a seam or cut line. I think that is what is going on with this marble. The fold line where the ends meet looks like a seam, but I think the cut lines are actually where the yellow opaque glass ribbons (for lack of a better word) abruptly end on either side of the fold line. Probably violating marble description convention here but this is what I'm seeing.

Wow!!! I cannot believe the great looking pelts coming out for all the members to see. The fabulous photos are to show us what all is out there to look for, and there are many varieties to see. Lets keep them coming in for all to see and enjoy. Chuck G--

post-2867-0-54069900-1381323943_thumb.jp