Received My 3 Marbles From American Marble Auction All Polished

mmuehlba

well I just got my marbles in the mail and the minute I opened them I could tell they were all polished and were so obvious polished one even with a big flat spot , I called and sure enough I was told well Jeff is out till next week . very upset paid with pay pal and charged so I think that will be my next stop . In an email to Jeff I said "I almost think I should charge you a return fee/ handling bad sellers fee of 9% as these were so obvious polished ." Mike

post-94-0-52640700-1380908978_thumb.jpgpost-94-0-36808100-1380908979_thumb.jpgpost-94-0-07615800-1380908980_thumb.jpgpost-94-0-62115700-1380908980_thumb.jpgpost-94-0-16882400-1380908981_thumb.jpgpost-94-0-34258500-1380908982_thumb.jpgpost-94-0-72871800-1380908981_thumb.jpg

Chad,

Thanks for supporting words.

Mike,

I am totaly surprised that the marbles you bought came as not described and polished. I can't imagine how that may have happened as I put all the catalog marbles under strong magnification and carefully graded them.

I didn't know Jeff is out for the weekend but we will take care of you as soon as he comes back. I understand your frustration and we will make it up as soon as Jeff comes back.

Sami

Bob,

Thanks for the kind words!

What throws me off is that all three different lots are polished and went to one buyer. What are the chances?? I have been wrong with very deceptively polished handmades before and whenever I recognize one I try to sell on Ebay with the identification, because these polished marbles are very well done with pontils preserved/intact or fakely put back on and very easily could be sold to an unsuspecting collector. But three different lots, most likely from three different sources, to one purchaser, is hard to believe. I am looking forward to take another look at these marbles.

Sami

So was there something obvious (I don't see in the pics) that gave the opinion they were polished? Some German handmades with super clear glass are hard to believe as original but are. On the other hand some have been worked on but are hard to tell. What was the give away with these three?

My name is Jeff Wichmann and Sami Armin together run American Marble Auctions. I'm wondering why I have to read this in a forum of marble collectors instead of you simply emailing me and taking care of like any other collector would? As we pointed out in our rules we offer a full refund with postage paid there and back. There's no need to air your dirty laundry before talking to me. I was out Friday and my secretary wasn't putting you off, she was simply telling you I wasn't there. Just send the marbles back and I'll make sure we get you paid up immediately. I wonder why someone would bother to spend the money to clean a $20 marble but don't worry, your valuable investment will be taken care of. I've been doing auctions for over 20 years and am not aware of any unhappy customers.

Jeff Wichmann

My name is Jeff Wichmann and Sami Armin together run American Marble Auctions. I'm wondering why I have to read this in a forum of marble collectors instead of you simply emailing me and taking care of like any other collector would? As we pointed out in our rules we offer a full refund with postage paid there and back. There's no need to air your dirty laundry before talking to me. I was out Friday and my secretary wasn't putting you off, she was simply telling you I wasn't there. Just send the marbles back and I'll make sure we get you paid up immediately. I wonder why someone would bother to spend the money to clean a $20 marble but don't worry, your valuable investment will be taken care of. I've been doing auctions for over 20 years and am not aware of any unhappy customers.

Jeff Wichmann

hmmmm .... still haven't received a responce as to .. why .. my multiple registrations weren't accepted, and with the condecinding responce you just gave concerning a legitimate problem," dirty laundry" .. " valuable investment" , remark , don't be concerned about my registration. heck, every board has had remarks about morphy's auction done in the public forum. alan had his mistakes brought forth ... why should your venture be any differant jeff ? people spend hard earned money at auction and .. most want to be informed about the reliablility of the situation. bill

Bill-

Don't know what you are referring to, registration? My point is this is a non issue. He could have emailed me and it would have been taken care of. Instead of allowing me to respond, he put it out for general discussion. I take what I do very seriously and if there's a problem I want to hear about it, not read it in a marble forum.