Cac's For My Collection

Cars vs marbles = apples vs oranges.

'Makes' for a great but silly argument.

Good thing we are all family around here, right? It's all good, right?

Rich, you are an artist. Galen collects your art.

Sometimes it is better to just sell your art without a title.

It is never a good idea to leave a work unsigned, these days, for obvious reasons.

The CAC workers didn't have that choice, and why would they?

But you are not even selling your wares, supposedly, so why all this?

You always ask if we like any of your work, and most reply yes, including myself, of course.

Please tell me how long it might take you to make the near-perfect mib, by torch.

The CAC workers each rolled out well over ten times their weight in little mibs every day.

They were not exactly artisans as such, like yourself, but factory workers punching a clock.

Your shooter mib = +/-50 bucks. (ca. 2013)

Real shooter CAC = +/- average of 500 bucks (ca. 1928)

The ten fold aspect makes for a good argument IMO.

If the 'bad' sellers on the bay can make ten times their money, well duh!

I think that is what this is all about. So why all the back and forth?

It takes two baby, it takes two baby, just me and you. (Remember that song?)

Oh THAT direct question! You give great examples of avoiding direct questions yourself that I got caught up in your game.

I consider using CAC and Alley original glass as reworked cullet/shard marbles and therefore they are CAC and Alley marbles since the original glass was from the CAC and Alley companies.

But what does that mean to you? I don't sell ANY of these cullet marbles anyway! I don't give a rip what eBay sellers do - none of them get any of my CAC or Alley marbles to sell anyway! These are MINE - period!

To rework a piece of cullet to make one marbles takes about 5 minutes or so. No, I don't know that song???

As far as the car example is concerned, I'll listen to the guys next door at my industrial unit that restore old cars - they tell me it's a 1930 Ford.

I consider using CAC and Alley original glass as reworked cullet/shard marbles and therefore they are CAC and Alley marbles since the original glass was from the CAC and Alley companies.

sorry,I can't believe it,that you think this way,but it's free to believe whatever you want.

Some of the 1932-1937 original glass that was used in making Marbles at Alley Agate Pennsboro WV. Which includes Vitrolite,Wissmach,Beer Bottles,Wine Bottles,Houze,Auto Tail Light lens,on and on. It does not matter what glass company supplied the glass. The marbles are called Alley. The marbles you make are not Alley or CAC marbles. They are Rich's marbles made from Alley cullet which can be from several different glass sources. Calling your marbles Alley is fraud and deceit. I do remember seeing your marbles on ebay listed as your CAC remelts. The seller lives just up the road from me. Is every marble you have made from Alley or CAC cullet(shards) in your own private collection today? No more word games and deceit. I don't need to hear that you do not sell your Alley or CAC remelts. That is not the question.

post-91-0-96049000-1382143064_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-44227500-1382143158_thumb.jpg

not true Ron and jeeperman...

If Jabo used Fenton glass - it IS a fenton marble made BY Jabo

If Sammy's Mountain Marble uses Fenton glass - it IS a Fenton marble made by Sammy's Mountain Marble

If Alley used Vitrolite glass - it IS a vitrolite marble made by Alley

If Alley used Wissmach,Beer Bottles,Wine Bottles,Houze,Auto Tail Light lens, etc, etc, etc, - it is a Wissmach,Beer Bottles,Wine Bottles,Houze,Auto Tail Light lens Marble made by Alley

If CAC used CAC glass - it IS a CAC marble made by CAC

If Rich uses original cullet from any of the4se old companies - it IS a ___ (fill in the blank) marble made by rich

Stop your deceit (emotional) thing about me and try by understanding logical thinking.

It DOES matter what glass they used is my point. They were deceiving you by not calling the name of the marble correctly!

Ron "Is every marble you have made from Alley or CAC cullet(shards) in your own private collection today?" - YES I DO NOT SELL MY OLD GLASS REMELTS!!!!!

winnie - "sorry,I can't believe it,that you think this way,but it's free to believe whatever you want."

it is ok you can't believe it - go on and keep believing what it is you need to believe but fact is fact

Ponds cold cream is a company not a type of glass I am afraid. If you knew the type of glass , say vitrolite, then it would be a vitrolite marble made by the Pond's cold cream company.

I am going to stop posting about this topic because it is going in circles.

I understand why the collectors are feeling the way the feel - I get it.

Thanks for the discussion and I really do appreciate the debate.

Rich