Indian Swirl?

winnie

I'm no expert, Winnie, but I'm not sure the colored bands are as raised as they are on most Indians I've seen. But it could be the pictures. Do they feel raised from the surface?

For a while I tracked down Indians with different-colored bases, and they're more variable than we expect them to be, I think. There's the usual black base, and the "maglight" deep purple, but there are others that look black until you backlight them, when they reveal themselves to be dark green, or a kind of ultramarine blue, like yours, or even amber. I don't know if people consider those "maglights" as well, but I have them all together with my standard black-based Indians. It makes kind of a nice group.

Ann,i wouldn't say the bands are raised from the surface,i have it with my other Indian swirl,and actually they look similiar to me,exept for the base.

Oh wait i just backlight another Indian swirl and the base is kind of transparant purple,so it might be common??

I don't think the purple "maglight" base is as unusual as people once thought, but I also don't thinkt it could be called common. It's still a very happy surprise to me when I backlight an indian and the purple lights up. Sometimes I cheer. If no one's around.