Funny Looking Suspicious Looking Pontil Mark

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAND-MADE-GERMAN-LATTICINO-SWIRL-MARBLE-1890s-2-05-or-52-44mm-/271378996388?pt=Marbles&hash=item3f2f72dca4

What do you guys think? The pontil is clear and shiny looking and smooth in the center and then there is a rough narrow circle that looks funny to me. It looks like grind marks all running in the same direction. and even looks like the grinder slipped and hit another part of the marble at one time. I might be wrong, it might just be that my old eyes are playing tricks on me. It just does not look like a normal pontil mark. I might be wrong so thought I'd run it past some of you experts on handmades.

The photos are not sharp enough to see it good enough, but from what I can see the pontil looks ok, and the whole marble is ok in my opinion.

Or do you mean that small rough circle at the top of the marble? I that is what you mean, that is not uncommon with marbles. See the attached photo of an onionskin I sold. Same kind of circle.

Jeroen

post-2911-0-10378600-1394397971_thumb.jp

If you bring up the sixth marble picture starting on your left and going to the right, and then hold your curser arrow over it to enlarge it you can see a long scape like looking mark that starts at the edge of the circle and goes into the center. There are also two more shorter scrapes, one on either side of the longer one and then when you look even closer the circle, starting at that long scrape and moving to the right and upwards in a counter clockwise direction it looks like the circle could be made of several very short scrapes....at least that part of the circle from about 5 o'clock through 1 o'clock or so looks that way. There are also some longer scrape marks that are to the left and lower than the circle that are longer that look like they could have been made from the same tool or blade. Thanks for your help in sending another picture. When it comes to characters that already seem shady I guess I get too suspicious and perhaps see things that may not be there?

If you bring up the sixth marble picture starting on your left and going to the right, and then hold your curser arrow over it to enlarge it you can see a long scape like looking mark that starts at the edge of the circle and goes into the center. There are also two more shorter scrapes, one on either side of the longer one and then when you look even closer the circle, starting at that long scrape and moving to the right and upwards in a counter clockwise direction it looks like the circle could be made of several very short scrapes....at least that part of the circle from about 5 o'clock through 1 o'clock or so looks that way. There are also some longer scrape marks that are to the left and lower than the circle that are longer that look like they could have been made from the same tool or blade. Thanks for your help in sending another picture. When it comes to characters that already seem shady I guess I get too suspicious and perhaps see things that may not be there?

Sorry mmuehlba, elgatoylucas1 has turned down your offer of US $8.00. Make another offer before the item ends.

well I wonder what made me offer ?? Mike

mmuehlbas.gif( 2010iconRedStar_25x25.gif) US $8.00 Seller declined Jan-21-14 08:03:38 PST s.gifs.gifSeller message: AS PER WHAT I CAN SEE YOU MUST BE AN EXTRAORDNARY MARBLEĀ“S EXPERT.THANKS FOR YOUR ATRACTIVE OFFER