Just Another New Guy

Hi Steve. I am Nola Morgan and I need to add my two cents to this situation. I met you for the first time at one of our club's marble shows. You were with two friends of mine and Ron's and the three of you had just returned to the show from a trip to Ravenswood where our friends had obtained several Ravenswood marbles from the inside of the building. We were excited to see the marbles and the possible opportunity to see the inside of the Ravenswood factory. At that time you gave us your name and phone number. Later we did get in touch with you and you agreed to meet with us and take us inside the building. We met in the parking lot across the street from the church that is located adjacent to the marble factory building. You did take us into the building and led us through the maze of car parts to where two upright concrete tiles were set into the floor. I got down in one tile and Ron got down into the second. The entire time we were there, you were within two feet of me. I proceeded to scratch around in the very dry dust which Ron and I later thought might have been floor sweepings. I did find a few marbles and some cullet and I did put them in my pocket. I did NOT do it in a secretive manner--I did NOT try to hide my actions from you. Maybe I presumed too much, but I knew that you had permitted our friends to remove some marbles and did not mind us doing the same. At that time the building was actually owned by the heirs of Mrs. King . After we left the building, the three of us discussed the possibility of Ron and I getting back inside at some future date. You indicated that this might be possible. In the coming months we made several attempts to contact you. The last time I talked to you was at the grocery store in Ravenswood where I happened to run into you, your wife and son. I again asked about us going back into the building. I cannot remember exactly what you said, but I do know that you did not say anything that indicated that you were angry with us from our first visit or that you did not intend to ever let us into the building ever again or that you thought that we had stolen from you. After all the years that have gone by since that day Ron and I went into the building with you, I was shocked to read your post of the two people you let into the building who filled their pockets after being told that nothing was to be removed. My memory of the visit does not include any warning that nothing was to be removed. As I stated above, I did put some marbles in my pocket and that was done with you watching me. Apparently I presumed too much when I presumed that you did not mind or you would have said something at the time. If we thought that you considered our taking a few of the marbles as stealing, we would not have continued to contact you to go back a second time. After we left you on the day we were in the building, Ron and I went to MacDonalds for lunch. I tore the top off of my hamburger box and put the marbles and bits of cullet in the box. Those marbles and cullet are still in that MacDonald's box at my house. Like Ron, I do not want to remain in possession of what you must consider "ill gotten gains". I am sorry that you have harbored these feelings against us all these years. I have to assume that it is Ron and me that you refer to in your earlier post because it fits too close not to. I do not like to be called a thief which is pretty clear what you have insinuated. Therefore, I too will be returning the marbles and cullet that I have proudly kept just as they came to my house as a wonderful memory of the time Ron and I got to go in the Ravenswood building. I too apologize for what I can only believe was a misunderstanding.

Ron & Nola:

Did not mention names and had no problems with either of you. Please keep what you have as hopefully you enjoy the finds. We have let you and your friends in and enjoyed speaking with you all and have learned from you both. But we have also let others in and have others to stop by or found others poking around when not invited. Again, not you. Did not mean to instigate anything or have ill feelings when posted previous posting. Again,we have had others we have let in and again have found un-invited people on our property, from that, we have decided not to let any further people in. Again, not a problem with either of you and please feel free to keep what you have. This was not the intention of previous post.