Jabo Marbles "a Tribute To Cancer Survivors Run"

I can not wait to see and be a part of History with this exciting upcoming 3/4" Marble RUN by JABO.

Dare Hawkings and I put together the list of colors for this run... that was the easy part because we just used ALL the colors for the cancer ribbons - WOW - lavender, gold, blue, green, burgandy, teal....

If you love JABO 3/4" Collector Marbles, you must be a part of this run. JABO is donating 10% of the proceeds of this run to CANCER RESEARCH!!!

A special thank you goes out to JOANNE ARGABRITE & DARE HAWKING for putting this together for our MARBLE FAMILY.

A MILLION THANKS

Susan, CEO themarblegalaxy eBay Store.

Are you the only one selling these for Jabo, if you are selling for Jabo?? So whose sales and what percentages of what sales are going to Charity? Or did Joanne donate 10% of what Jabo received for the run if it was privately financed.

These are being sold by Jabo just like any other Jabo marbles... This was a special request from a customer of mine, "Pam Padilla", who wanted to put together jars of marbles - one representing each one of her cancer treatments, therapies, etc.

I told the story to my friends at Jabo and they decided to do this special run not just for her but for all the SURVIVORS of all the different Cancers.

As far as charity goes, I am specifically talking about the pre-sale of these marbles on eBay by someoldandsomenew2... which is not me, by the way. I am themarblegalaxy... and I am not affiliated with Jabo. I just like their marbles and have a close business relationship with them.

Susan.

So it is only marbles sold by someoldandsomenew2 that have a percentage donated to Charity. Will all the marbles made be sold by someoldandsomenew2? and are they selling for Jabo or themselves? Maybe I can match their donations if they can show me proof of sales and donations? I am a cancer survivor and take this kind of stuff very serious. I hope it is not just a ploy to sell more marbles.

someoldandsomenew2 is the main eBay site that Jabo uses to sell marbles.

You can go to the listing the item number 251625950060.

This is the listing where you can pre purchase a 20 pound case... one has been purchased already... so 10% of that sell has already been donated to The American Cancer Society!!!

And 10% of each and everyone sold will automatically be taken out by eBay and Pay Pal and donated to the American Cancer Society.

JABO is also selling an entire investor share - item number 251632011213. This is a $2,400 item. AND 10% of that will be going to The National Children's Cancer Society if and when it sells!

There are no games.

We all have a friend or loved one that has been affected by Cancer. We are not trying to profit from the hardships of others...

This is an attempt to celebrate those who have been touched by Cancer and have lived to tell about it!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well... all the excitement was for nothing! JABO INC did not have half the colors of the cancer ribbons on site. I know because I added every drop of color to this run personally. But not only that, the last 2 hours of the run turned out beautiful and JABO stole all of that and would not let the investors who created it, have any of it.

And they even had the balls to name the ones they stole from the kids with cancer survivors run - the jo jo run after the owner who stole them. I would not put my name on anything that was stolen from kids with cancer!

AND one gentleman drove all the way from Florida mostly because there was a full share advertised on ebay for $2,400 wherein they were giving 10% to the Childrens Cancer Society. Well, they sold him that share for $2,000 and sent a pay pal invoice to get around, not only the ebay fees but also from DONATING ANYTHING to Charity! And he and I only got 5 medium flat rate boxes for our FULL ONE HOUR SHARE.

IF THEY ADVERTISE, "ALL THE COLORS OF THE CANCER RIBBONS", IT IS A LIE. And the JO JO run was stolen from kids with CANCER.

FOR THESE AND MANY OTHER REASONS, THE MARBLE GALAXY WILL NOT CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH JABO INC.

STEVEN AND SUSAN THIGPEN OF THE MARBLE GALAXY

It is ok, we wanted to do something really special. But, there is just to much taint about those marbles. I really do not know what I am going to do with them. I certainly will NOT advertise them as the cancer survivors run when all the colors of the cancer ribbons were not used and they stole from kids with cancer on MORE THAN ONE occasion.

I am going to remove the name JABO from all my listings, and I will be unloading MY ENTIRE JABO COLLECTION OF EBAY.

And we welcome anyone to challenge us on our statement here. Steven added every color during the 6 hour run, and I DUMPED every single bucket that filled the 13 containers. We could only take from 9 of them... they took the best looking 4. So even if they did have all the colors of the cancer ribbons, they did not let the investors get all the colors anyway. When asked about only one of the missing colors, I was told, "it has not came in yet"... I said, omm Grey is BRAIN CANCER... kinda important....

And if they say, well those were not their marbles... then why did we work on it for the final 2 hours when we could have been sleeping.

I really was blindsided this morning when I arrived at the plant and had a nice lavender and purple marble in my pocket that was too big and was removed from the line into the cull and the first container we saw was a full container of those... we said oww they are beautiful - WE were told, "those are not yours they are jo jos".

AND I HAD ONE IN MY POCKET AND THE BOTTOM OF ONE OF THE 9 BUCKETS WE COULD GET FROM, WERE FULL OF THE VERY SAME MARBLES that they called jo jos

I was a horrible experience. I was hurt, shocked, and appalled that they would actually do that. Their Business Ethics are not in line with our own and we will NEVER knowingly purchase another JABO marble.

I just feel bad for the guy that drove from the middle of Florida all the way to Ohio just for 5 medium boxes... He paid $400 per box, plus travel, plus 2 nights lodging, plus he never did give to charity like he thought... just bad business. But it is ok, you live and learn! Thank you so much for your concern.

Yeah, we hear a lot of bad things about them any more.

But when someone is enthusiastic about them, I don't want to stomp on their dreams. I expect some common sense things to happen. I can sort of picture them trying to avoid ebay but I didn't imagine they would actually say your marbles were not your marbles.

And yet, after all I've heard before, I'm not surprised.

I thought I had a true friend down there at Jabo... I was wrong! And my only purpose for joining this Blog was to tell the story of what a wonderful thing Jabo was doing for us. Because they called me and told me that people were thinking it was another jabo scam. So, I wanted to set the record straight. I hope I have done that. I never understood why there was such a negative stigma attached to the JABO label - I TOTALLY GET IT NOW.

HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS AND THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE REVEAL:

THE JOKER TEAM has decided to help us in this worthy venture! So, this is WAY better because these guys are the right people for the cause. So, for the first time EVER... The Marble Galaxy will be teaming up with the JOKERS... they are going to donate an entire box of their beautiful marbles to put with our own and contribute to the cause FOR ST. JUDE'S CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL! THANK YOU to the JOKERS! They will get recognition on our certificates of authenticity!!! So glad we did not print them yet with the curse word, "JABO" on it.

How many 3/4" marbles are typically made in an hour? I have no clue. Did they tell you to expect a lot more than 5 boxes? There isn't anything written about that in the Ebay ads at all. When I read the Ebay listings it reads like a full share buy in person would only be getting the marbles made during one hour of the run and wouldn't get any from the rest of the run. Is that what you were expecting or did you have a different agreement than the Ebay listing? I read all of Dare's listings you linked to and he said in all of them that some of the Cancer colors would be used. It didn't say all of them would be used anywhere that I could find. It sucks things didn't go the way you expected them to go.