What Are The Rarest Marbles?

Steph

In the machine made world I have only seen one true Blue eggyolk Oxblood. I have only seen one folded Master Sunburst. I have only seen one Vitro Helmet with a black stripe. I have seen over a Dozen lightning strikes and more than a dozen scenics

• 1 year later...

In the machine made world I have only seen one true Blue eggyolk Oxblood. I have only seen one folded Master Sunburst. I have only seen one Vitro Helmet with a black stripe. I have seen over a Dozen lightning strikes and more than a dozen scenics

Hmm. Dug this out of a search of earlier topics. Could you please tell me what a folded Master Sunburst is? I couldn't find other references to this. I don't know that marble, and I dig Masters, so I gotta know! Thanks! john

It would be a Master sunburst folded so that both seams almost touch. Couldn't find a pic of it but here is a folded Akro

Thanks! Similar to what others called pulled seam then? Thanks so much for the clarification. It is on the list! Goodie...another in a parade of marble Everests! It is, among other things, what makes the hobby so great. The must have list, feels infinitely long! john

It's a descriptive term, just as Ric said, and doesn't mean a thing, except that it looks like someone grabbed both seams and pulled them up.To me, the mib appears folded and the seams appear pulled. I'm not sure, but a collector either said it to me in conversation, ...or possibly, I did. Folded works just fine for me too. I've got a good folded Pelt somewhere...I'll look. FYI, not trying to tamper with tradition. To me, it's just the mib appears folded and seams appear pulled. john

I believe the rarest marbles that exist are some of the comic marbles stamped by Peltier. Obviously Tom Mix and Cotes are exceedingly rare marbles, however there are stamped marbles that exist that are even much rarer than those. These particular marbles are known to actually be one-of-one examples. Not sure it gets any rarer than that.

Sorry sworn to secrecy. And the marbles are almost as incredible as to how they came to be in the new owners possession. Maybe some day the owner will tell the story publicly (hopefully soon, because it is by far, the most incredible marble story I have ever heard.

There are a couple of gents in the hobby waiting to release books that will list these rare comics. A few people do know that these exist and have seen them. I'm not playing games not telling the names of these marbles but rather out of respect for the hard work put into the book(s). Yes Hoover(3 known)and worlds fair(1) and orange crush(1) are some, however there are 5 more. Franklin Roosevelt(confused with Hoover) American flag, spotted cow simply do not exist...contrary to what is said in previous books. If books are not released (soon) in a reasonable amount of time...already a year delay....I will reveal names of marbles and perhaps make sure they show up at one of the national show for people to see first hand.