Bulgarian

winnie

• 2 years later...
22 hours ago, bumblebee said:

FYI, apparently the market for Bulgarians has collapsed. This seller in Bulgaria is selling six for $7.99 with free shipping. I'm guessing you won't get the exact ones pictured but hard to complain at those prices: http://stores.ebay.com/HAPPY-DEALS-MARKET/Sporting-Goods-/_i.html?_nkw=marbles&submit=Search&_sasi=1&_sacat=888&_sid=1187667380

Well, I finally bit. At $8 for 6, if I ever want any no time like the present.  My 6 are on their way.

30 minutes ago, Steph said:

Well, I finally bit. At $8 for 6, if I ever want any no time like the present.  My 6 are on their way.

Me too.

Origins aside, some of the ones with strong "nines" look very nice. I believe most of those were sold at higher prices early on, but who knows...

22 hours ago, slagmarble said:

That's actually one of the nicer examples I've seen, nice pattern.  What is the actual base glass color when backlit?

No light shines through.

This was the whole sale from Bulgaria,most are 5/8.

I don't know what I paid but it was not much.

I find it a bit strange that there is a clearie among them,with a pontil.

DSC08094 (Small).JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Winnie, it IS interesting that they'd make very plain marbles also if that's part of a modern enterprise.

I STILL want to know what Eastern European children did for marbles when the Iron Curtain was clamped down.  

Got mine today. From left to right: Orange Creamsicle, The "As-Made Special", Azure #9, Japanese Pinch Pontil Tribute, Clear-based Guinea, Beer-based Guinea.

If I were allowed to cherry-pick their giant bag I might pay $5 each for the best ones I found, but otherwise I'm happy with the price and quantity.

bulgies.jpg

52 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Got mine today. From left to right: Orange Creamsicle, The "As-Made Special", Azure #9, Japanese Pinch Pontil Tribute, Clear-based Guinea, Beer-based Guinea.

:lol: 

I can't figure out what they're thinking.  Did you do a conversion on the shipping price for the package you received?  Did they make _anything_ on the sale of the six after shipping and ebay fees?

5 hours ago, Steph said:

I can't figure out what they're thinking.  Did you do a conversion on the shipping price for the package you received?  Did they make _anything_ on the sale of the six after shipping and ebay fees?

Maybe they have some sort of bulk shipping options like China does (you can get stuff shipped for almost nothing from China) ? But that many marbles one would imagine costing at least $150 to ship by boat.