Steph

Who Made Marbles With Purple?

Oddly, I didn't find any of the large purple marbles that are so prevalent in the monument above, in my small

test holes at Peltier twelve years ago.

Oddly, I didn't find any of the large purple marbles that are so prevalent in the monument above, in my small

test holes at Peltier twelve years ago.

Thats odd. Hardly ever see any type of purple shade on peltiers. This photograph had me curious though, because of a certain purple based type i've had in my rainbo pile.

IMG_1893a_zpsb9ee7098.jpg

IMG_1883a_zpse808b3ee.jpg

IMG_1879a_zps2780349b.jpg

I found smaller purple game marbles, but they weren't as bright as the larger ones in the 1931 monument, shown above.

Hey migbar -- I have a biggish translucent purple one, but I can't remember if I asked you about it when we were emailing about the wierd transparent orange/red ones . . . Is your memory any better than mine? I hope so . . . Any of the translucent purples on the monument? I think I see a couple, but . . . I see a lot of things this late in the day.

Dave -- crazy purple rainbo! Never seen one of those --

Ann...my memory is going fast, and I don't remember seeing any translucent purple ones, only transparent and opaque, but I just remembered that the camera I was using when I took pictures of the 1931 monument, made dark blue marbles look purple.

Ann...my memory is going fast, and I don't remember seeing any translucent purple ones, only transparent and opaque, but I just remembered that the camera I was using when I took pictures of the 1931 monument, made dark blue marbles look purple.

No wonder the NLR liberty pieces have purple looking ribbons, i barely noticed that after posting the photo.

lol @ exhume ... and wowser ... my eyes just misted a little.