Pelt Count

Keep up the examples please.

I have found 2 in this thread in my pile. I thought a marble i had was a vitro and now I see it is a peltier Surfer

I have so many odd pelt color combinations now from the pick-up I assume they cannot all just be called "Rainbo" :) I will have to pull some out and take photos..I hate photography.

I have a Multi-colored except it has an extra color, yellow, with the Orange,white and blue, on the green glass base. I will have to find out what that off color does for the naming

Will add it to the ID section

So I found one in my collection that I've heard about, but never seen. And from what I understand it's kinda HTF... A honey bee? Anybody know if these are as uncommon as I've been told?

What's a honey bee? Brown instead of black on yellow?

There is another Peltier Surfer that has surfaced in OH. Now we have a Peltier Green Surfer. It is a clear base,green and white ribbons. It has green av in the green ribbons. It has silver av in the white ribbons. Who will find the Purple Surfer ?

This new Green Surfer is also about half swirl. It has the usual Peltier cut line and straight ribbon pattern on half of the marble. On the other half of the marble the ribbons curve twist swirl and the cut line almost disappears.

Probably a worker made half of it on the old Miller Swirl Machine and then made the other half on the newer regular Peltier machines.

I hope no one takes the previous sentance as true,LOL !!!!!

I have been off this forum for awhile, but i want to just add my thoughts to this discussion of the rarer pelts. No end to the various examples in many family types. With numerous discussion with my great friends out west and discussing these pelt names and characteristics i tried to bring the west closer to the east with names of these pelts that are the same, not different names in the west than we have here. For example, the "Green Lantern" has many variations to it. By popular demand do we add another name or do we try to say this? I know and have seen at least five different versions of this more rarer marble. "Green Gobblin" is in the "Lantern" family but has washed out black over green to make it purple with black av ribbons. The "Silver Surfer" is another one that is being taken farther on with variations of the color of av in the swirl. I have many many many examples of variations of pelt marbles and ( i think) for most part most people like names especially if they range in the upper scale of rarer ones, these names stick more in their minds. Like Ron S said we do not want to make it so complicated that young collectors wont grasp the hobby. My goal is to bring the west names in sink with the east to keep it simple with good descriptions of them that is easily understandable. I miss my two great frinds Bruce Lockhart and Clyde Tuller very much and we have discussed pelt marbles on the phone for many hours, now they are gone and i have been picking up new friends out there to carry this into the future. I know some may dissagree to some of my thoughts, but knowledge is vital in this wonderful (friend filled) hobby. Chuck G--

Hey Dawg86, i have been gone hunting and saw this thread when i got back. I had to add my thoughts to it as the great hobby warrents. I try with all my heart to add quality information to this hobby that is vital and interesting to drive a desire and passion to add another quality piece to the collection. Over the last 41 years i have learned and found out so much and looking for certain examples after (STILL) learning more on a daily basis, then (MAYBE) finding what i (THINK) could exist and then stumble onto it, just makes the hunt that much more desirable. Just like looking for that big ole buck deer. I like the pelts quite well, thanks to Guy Gregg who is another great collector we have lost, and slowly compiling and getting examples of these to have and explain them for our future collectors. Keeping the passion, integrety, honesty, and most of all the friendships developed in the hobby brings it into the future with leaps and bounds. I think in the near future much more quality information will be available to all who love the hobby. It is a continual learning hobby everyday, some know a little more where as others are still learning. I can attest i learn something new everyday from my great friends from the past and those of today. There is an ever non-ending flow of quality information out there and if you think you know it all, sorry, dont think so, i am still learning myself. There are however many very very knowledgable collectors and dealers out there who will with a little prodding, share information with you. For me, JUST ASK, and thats the legacy i want to leave for those behind me. Chuck G--

After reviewing the last two pages of this, i want to clearify a couple descriptions for a couple of the pelts. that was mentioned.

"Clear Superman"- a total clear transparent base with swirls (Miller) type, (resembling the tri-color swirls, with swirls of red, yellow and blue, some av may be found

"Fruit Cocktail"-A total clear transparent base (NLR) with internal ribbons of red, yellow, green, and white (NO Swirls), av possible

"Fancy Fruit Cocktail"- same as above but with the added color of BLUE, making it five colors (NO SWIRLS), av possible

In my opinion the first mentioned is totally different than the last two. Chuck G--

• 6 years later...

I have a few but not many rare or exotic ones any more, workin on it the split up in 09 & subsequent sale of a 23 yr collection kinda put a damper on the VVHTF mibs I once had in abundance, so 9 yrs. ago I decided to start all over again.  Sorry for the collage effect, I am no good at resizing pics !!

BLUE LAGOON 5/8ths"

78.PNG

414.PNG

GOLDEN REBEL W/ AV. IN THE BLACK AND RED AND GREEN AV. IN THE YELLOW 43/64ths"

30.PNG

TIGER COVERED IN BLUEAV. 11/16ths"

37.PNG

BRONZE ZEBRA ALSO COVERED IN GREEN CHUNKY AV. 11/16ths"

125.PNG

106.JPG

MILLER TIGER W/ AV. 11/16ths"  , My Avatar

225.PNG

Chocolate cow 5/8ths"  much more brown in hand, these pics are a little older than

the others.

7.PNG

Miller Zebra 5/8ts"

5.PNG

Bifurcated Dragon Bee NLR 21/32nds"

8.PNG

Wiger 5/8ths"

6.PNG

Miller Christmas Tree 21/32nds"

9.PNG

Pink Base, so called NLR Chocolate Bee  5/8ths"  Before anyone asks, yes the pink is quite correct, if anything it's

a little pinker in hand. Peltier did use pink in their colors. I have another listed also I drew the names from a site in the early 2000"s. Chocolate Bee makes no sense to me either. Just letting you know I didn't just pull these names out of a hat.

I know these are both rare colored mibs, how many have you seen?? I've seen 3 Bees and 2 juggernauts,  and that's it

4.PNG

NLR Orange Rebel W/ AV. 3/4ths +"

153.PNG

NLR JUGGERNAT 5/8ths, GREY BAS GLASS W/  4 RUSTY ORANGE COLORED RIBBONS, BEFORE ANYONE ASKS

THIS ONE & THE PINK BASE ONE WHERE NAMED ON AN OBSCURE PELT I.D. SITE I USED TO GO TO IN THE  EARLY 2000's

3.PNG