Chameleon Marbles

Steph

The colors and bubbles on Dave's marble are pretty 7Uppy, but that's as far as I can go.

Steph, I thought your marbles looked familiar, and finally found the ones I was thinking of.

Do they look like Marble Kings?

Not what I'd assumed, but then again, IDs that I make have traditionally been best used

as an indicator of what a marble almost certainly isn't. :lol:

DSC_0755_zpse105c8e8.jpg

DSC_0753_zps0a586e0d.jpg

I think i've just been "Mibstified". :music-rocker-001: The yellow & blue is one sweet looking peltier. Last photo in the center, i see an akro with submerged oxblood, very nice.

The marble in my post i have with my Akros, but let me know if you see something else. ...........after all folks, it is a chameleon.

I think your mib could be Akro or maybe Vitro. I think my yellow and blue mib is an Akro cork that forgot to cork, LOL.

Here is another mystery mib. Looks like a single seam mib but I think it is an oddball Pelt slag with a single ribbon of opaque yellow. The mib appears to be folded in half, similar to other Pelt slags I have with a fold line between the two closely spaced cut lines where the yellow abruptly ends.

GreenBasedYellowST.jpg

That's awesome, Steph. I was just pondering some of those Rainbo-ish translucent thingies this afternoon, trying to pin them down to Vitro? Marble King? Pelt? New something? I have them in yellow, purple and also the blue like yours. And they are still sitting in the sort tray - unsorted.

Dink

• 2 weeks later...

Please forgive me for inserting a quick 'off-topic' comment here.

I want to thank Winnie for using the perfect and correct English contraction Here're in her opening statement.

It made me feel good, because 99% of the people in the United States would have used Here's in that situation

and they would have been wrong wrong wrong! This is a pet-peeve of mine which just makes me crazy. ( :

Please forgive me for inserting a quick 'off-topic' comment here.

I want to thank Winnie for using the perfect and correct English contraction Here're in her opening statement.

It made me feel good, because 99% of the people in the United States would have used Here's in that situation

and they would have been wrong wrong wrong! This is a pet-peeve of mine which just makes me crazy. ( :

My sister is the same way and it drives me nuts also. I was very good in math...absolutes. English on the other hand has many variables that confused me. I would spend hours testing her from her "word power made perfect" books that had no effect on me. Now I wish I could do it all over again because people really judge you by your command of the english language. What other knowledge possessed is tested on a daily basics more than english? On the other hand, her math and history skills are mediocre but hidden in the shadows from all who know better to judge. Heck, you are probably grading this as you read and running out of red ink....I try and believe we all have our strengths and weaknesses that create pride and embarrassment. My outlook is not to embarrass folks on purpose and understand that life has a way of holding some back. My cousin would spend endless days reading and doing things he wanted...on the other hand, I was a workhorse and had a duty to contribute, when not in school, to help my family survive.

Exactly.

But it's become very common in American English for people to

say "Here's two swirls!", even though they'd never say the uncontracted "Here is two swirls!"

That's what I find so irritating about it.

Boy, I really like Dave's marble!

It looks like the yellow and black/brown marbles which were discussed recently,

but the addition of that emerald green really kicks things up a notch!

Normally I would throw myself into the discussion of the English language since I'm a fanatic about that myself. But I'm too distracted by Dave's marble. I'm going to go back and stare at it some more . . .

It's a real beauty, isn't it?

You can see in my last post how I couldn't stay focused on the language thing either!

(And of course we should start a new forum/thread/whatever about that anyway.)

I don't know if Dave's going to tell us any more about it.

He hasn't been very forthcoming so far! :P

Didn't say a word about my '7Up' idea, so I have no

idea if that was the 'chameleon' part of his earlier marble

or if I just made another of my traditional stupid comments. ( :

I just figured out the 'bottom line' of what I was feeling in that last post.

Of course the 'more educated' should leave things unsaid so that others at their

level can find amusement in their immediate appreciation of what's being shown to them.

But it would be nice with a topic of this nature to eventually have it explained exactly

what 'chameleon' effect is being assumed.