Do It Yourself Marble Calendar 2015

Steph

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought so too Steph :) I remember seeing a post here a couple years ago (lol) about a certain type of Akro that had similar colors, but I think it required more tan than that one has. It's been a while, and I don't remember the name of them. Oh well, I like it :) it's Akro.

Here's a different Akro corkscrew.

I suppose this is some sort of experiment, maybe trying a bunch of colors together? Who knows :)

post-78-0-21721400-1427824030_thumb.jpg

Oh. You have one of those powder-blue snakes. Not the turquoise / aqua ones. You know the one I mean. The one I've been looking for for a long, long time. You wouldn't happen to have more than one, would you? Or be tired of the one you have? >>sigh<<

Geez, I'm sorry Ann, I just now saw this! I'm sorry, I don't. I'll keep an eye out for you though :)

They are very difficult to find, I did have an extra about 7 years ago that I traded for a nice sized blue on blue.

I haven't found any since.

Geez, I'm sorry Ann, I just now saw this! I'm sorry, I don't. I'll keep an eye out for you though :)

They are very difficult to find, I did have an extra about 7 years ago that I traded for a nice sized blue on blue.

I haven't found any since.

>>> sound of Ann weeping <<<

(but gathering herself)

I'd appreciate the eye out!

here is the one I mentioned,,,in looking closer not sure if it is grey or army green,,,lol

You're right, that is difficult to tell if it's a gray or a green, I was reading through some other posts, it is not a color, but a mixture of colors, the blues and greens had quite the effect on the chemistry of the reds and yellows.

I'm good with that :)

I've been collecting for a few years now, I should know more about the chemistry and development of these marbles.

Probably about six years ago now, Alan gave me a copy of the patent that Akro had for the marble making, maybe I should start there.

-Jessica

Thanks as always, Jessica, for all the great Akros!

Along with 'my name' and 'what day it is', I can't remember if I or

anyone else asked you if you're also fond of non-marble Akro stuff.

That's one of the topics that seems to surface here for short periods

of time every few years. ( :

Hi Bob,

I do enjoy other Akro items, but I really only purchase them if I find them out in the wild, it's more of a special item to me then.

I think I have two ash trays, and a small planter box (I think). The small box has the Akro stamped backwards on the bottom, I was pretty excited about that.

About this marble calendar page, I wasn't sure if there were guidelines to follow, I just recently started taking more photos and wanted to share, hope I'm doing that in the right place :)

-Jessica