How Is The Weather Where You Live Today?

pedidoll

Love the Snow pictures would love to experience it one day 

Enjoyed a nice hot day in the water yesterday perfect for blackwater result 1930s Pottery Ginger Beer Its been a while between bottles so well pleased with myself B)

1c3ba1e3-13f9-431c-b166-f089daa08c14_zps

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

DSCN7256.JPG

Life is not always a picnic here in the woods.

Well over 2 feet of snow from the Blizzard of 2017...

And still snowing!

We don't use the fireplace much. I even cut down my own trees and wood this year. It is very cozy, though. I think I would prefer a wood stove more centrally located.

I actually prefer going to the fire pit down by the river and doing a big blaze there. Then you really appreciate it with the cold on your back, the bats silently skimming the water, fish jumping, and the occasional dark shape stepping through the woods or swimming on the water.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, it's better today.

We have watched hurricane, tropical storm and now tropical depression Harvey dance around aimlessly for a week. It finally has gone north of us so I see a little sun peaking out from the scattered clouds. This has been a miserable, wet and stormy week.

Mike

It's cold here.  Feels like October.  I love the cold in fall and winter but I don't want it yet.  I'm still nurturing my summer garden.  But I'm  counting my blessings.  

I hadn't been watching the news enough.  I just found out that my friend in Baton Rouge has had 30 days of rain, and the Harvey rains on top of that are more than they can take . 

I only noticed that Harvey had headed to "West Louisiana"  and so I thought she was in the clear.  Didn't know how bad it was already.  

Had frost warnings last night and last week. 3 weeks ago birds from north of here were heading south. some maples turning red

John

Just say a prayer that this monster Irma doesn't wipe out the Leeward Islands, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, and then take on Florida - 185 mph sustained winds with 220 mph gusts? This is a huge, very strong tornado - with torrential rains, 15' storm surges and 25' waves. It is the strongest storm ever in the Atlantic. The satellite imagery looks like something you see on Jupiter, not Earth. First Harvey, now this. What climate change? OMG.

Oh yes, I am praying....

My son lives in Florida so I have been watching this one with great interest. I hate to even think what could possibly happen to the people in the Caribbean islands..... These hurricanes have no conscience. This could be BAD.

Four islands just took direct hits - Barbuda, St. Bart's, St. Maarten, and Anguilla - with 185 mph winds. This will not be good. So much pain - the West and Northwest have been baking, over 100 in places like San Francisco and Portland. That just doesn't happen. And now two major hurricanes, unprecedented flooding in Texas and Louisiana, with Jose possibly warming up, too. 

I hope that your son stays safe, Mikie. The latest models show Irma heading right at FLA. Is he east/west/central?