How Is The Weather Where You Live Today?

pedidoll

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, jten said:

Woke up in winter wonderland. Just took the snowblower off of the tractor.

Crazy isn't it.  No snow here.  At least no accumulation.  30% chance of small amounts today and a cold wind from the north.  And I know that makes us the lucky ones.  

But I really really really had hoped to transplant some of my seedlings into the garden by now!

I am currently having 1 day weeks.  Everyday is the same. So, I know we had some snow and tiny bits of hail at the end of last week.  And we are still having evening freeze warnings in Rochester NY.  I just moved here and apparently some don't start planting anything until the end of May, just to make sure that winter is over.  So I went from summer all year (Hawaii) to winter all year. LOL!  Now that I have my covid routines down and my cats are feeling better, I have time to look through my marbles again. Just saw some of the posts on Peltier Realers.  I thought those were other marble companies trying to imitate Peltiers. Now I know that I have some realers.  I also enjoyed Steph's post on the Peltier Canary.  I sure hope that I didn't toss any thinking they were game marbles. I'm pretty sure I got rid of a valuable marble that I'm too embarrassed to talk about. 🥴Oh well, I'm hoping that I made someone happy. LOL.  Have a great week!

Hawaii to Rochester ... ohmigosh ... what a  jolt.  

We got down to the 20's last night so I'm still in limbo but I only moved up here from Oklahoma and  now have had almost 20 years to get used to it. 

• 3 months later...

Seasonably hot here, around 90 to 100, in other word's with the humidity, unbearable. I did't move to the Pacific Northwest for sun and fun, I enjoy 70 t 80 at the highest. Must take the good with the bad, pretty soon everyone will be complaining about the cold.

I lived at Lakeside Great lake's naval base in 78 and 79 when i was in the navy going to engineering school. 90 to 100 " below zero wind chill "  just a smidge on the cool side " I moved "

Edited by Chad G.
For jten

I walked outside once in 20 below zero ... just to say I did.  I don't think we've gotten lower.

We're halfway up Lake Michigan on the shore.  No AC in the house.   We're gonna get up into the 80's later this week.  Which means inside the house will hit at least 90.    In the meantime will enjoy today's mellow 70's.  

4 hours ago, Steph said:

I walked outside once in 20 below zero ... just to say I did.  I don't think we've gotten lower.

We're halfway up Lake Michigan on the shore.  No AC in the house.   We're gonna get up into the 80's later this week.  Which means inside the house will hit at least 90.    In the meantime will enjoy today's mellow 70's.  

It was 90 below w/ the wind chill,( no idea what the static temp. was ) and the base being right next to the lake all way's had a terrible breeze going, all I remember is it was the worst winter in over 100 yrs. ( 1979-80 or so ) and a few of my friend's got wrote up for frost bite they received walking 2 block's to medical w/o a face and hand covering's, they called it willful destruction of govt. property since all where warned to cover their face's and hand's completely. I remember Wisconsin being real close, the drinking age there was 18 and in Ill. it was 21 so kid's being kid's you know where we all went.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Chad G.