How Is The Weather Where You Live Today?

pedidoll

Yikes! Northern areas of MI can get some absolutely insane snow!

This is what my poor car looked like before I dug myself out yesterday --

20180212_131827_zpsy3j8g1t7.jpg

Took me 3 hours, but my driveway is clear now! As clear as I could get it, anyway. Blisters on my palms too! Got out of my drive just fine, but then struggled to drive the 2 blocks to a clear street. Took 10 minutes to drive 2 blocks, kept getting stuck! Road had last been plowed Saturday afternoon, and we got several more inches since then. Figured that would happen -- I watched a car get stuck a few houses down while I was shovelling. 

Luckily when I came home yesterday, my street had been plowed! So no struggle on the way back in... until I got to the ginormous burm at the end of my drive from the plow, LOL! Almost didn't make it back into my drive. 

Just came back in from shovelling that burm. And have some great icicles to share...

Glad I don't use my front door!!! They've reached & frozen to the porch!

20180213_154557_zpsdyvojhd1.jpg

20180213_154527_zpsahj6ixyb.jpg

20180213_152407_zpsazfmthmc.jpg

In the back, there's a massive one reaching the actual ground!!!

20180213_154653_zpsasiqwwfi.jpg

Should be interesting to see what happens tomorrow when temps finally get & stay above freezing for a while... wondering if they'll be even more amazing, or if the melt will be too intense and they'll just disappear...

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Several inches of snow here (about the first time we've had significant snow in the last seven years). After spending 21/2 hours getting into work yesterday, they decided to close early, then it took a further two and half hours to get back... You don't need that much snow for it to grind to a halt over here, but then when it's so infrequent, investing in replacing our third rail train system etc. etc. probably doesn't make economic sense.

On 2/28/2018 at 4:21 PM, Steph said:

Snow will make my nieces and nephews happy!   Sorry for your 5 hour drive for nothing.  

Walking and train travel rather than driving, but thank you. No trains running today or tomorrow so working from home via a dodgy remote connection on the laptop. The worst thing s I've got marbles in the post but there are no deliveries! :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Too hot to think ......  

.... because if I were thinking I would have realized before now that I could move the box fan into the computer room and then it might not be too hot to think!  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1st of September is the start of spring down here in West oz light winds and mild days 25 today, nice to be finally be breaking out of dreary old winter  :) 

Glad im not in Pretoria another month or so before we get regular temps like that  

• 3 months later...

Below zero here the dogs were ready for their morning walk but the 2 smaller dogs a border collie and english collie were limping from the cold before they left the yard, the german shepherd thought it was fine. We are just across the lake from you Steph at the top of Michigan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...