Stone?

Steph

Was looking for my lutz peewees. Didn't find them. Looks like I'm going to have to clean house. (oh no!)

Found this. A little over 5/8".

DarkGreen13_cropped_900_35pct_zpsbc743fa

In hand looks like a dark green glass marble. Or a gumball. But it has a strange mark which in my newbie days I thought was a pontil. And it has a few tiny reddish spots.

With the ginormous pictures it's looking more and more like stone. ???

DarkGreen13_cropped_900_zps531f7937.jpg

DarkGreenB_003_cropped_851_zps23bfc740.j

Not a hint of light, Galen.

Thanks, Danny. It's so shiny and essentially single color. I thought about stone before but never really believed it.

Couldn't tell from coldness or weight, not in hand. And I don't have a scale for weighing things precisely.

Doesn't seem particular cool compared with either the glass or ceramic marbles in the same box with it.

It has some spots where it's not perfectly rounded but I don't see what I would call facets.

So even though it's still in my "old" box now, I'll probably move it soon to a separate box for more modern mineral spheres. :)

Doesn't seem particular cool compared with either the glass or ceramic marbles in the same box with it.

:)

Don't know what you consider 'ceramic'.

Try comparing it to an unglazed clay marble. Not porcelain nor stoneware nor a glass marble.

They may all be at the same temperature, but unglazed clay is a slightly poorer heat conductor and will not feel as cold to the back of your hand or face.