Color Of The Month

pedidoll

2 hours ago, jeeperman said:

Not being as serious a collector of handmades you have me at a loss, I am not up on my terms. Maypole?

Do you have Baumann?  That's where I read about it.  In my memory I am vaguely picturing a simple transparent marble with bands on or near the surface.  Simple bands ... not a lot of color ...  but maybe there is something special about the number or arrangement of them.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Steph said:

Do you have Baumann?  That's where I read about it.  In my memory I am vaguely picturing a simple transparent marble with bands on or near the surface.  Simple bands ... not a lot of color ...  but maybe there is something special about the number or arrangement of them.  

I will dig it out and check, thank you.

Yep, maypole marbles.  Transparent glass, any color, with a few threads / bands of (usually) a single color, usually white.  Although I do have one that's transparent green glass (a real green, not coke-bottle green) with darkish-blue ribbons.

Pretty good memory, Steph!

auger green.jpg

11 hours ago, Steph said:

I missed out on those peewee flames.  Those are crazy intricate for something so small.

I finally got a few just recently.  Not the crazy-wow flamers like Ric posted, but half of the group of 8 or 9 were at least nice flames, so I don't feel quite as sorry for myself as I did before I got them.

wirepull grass green.jpg

Cool greens Steph, love that battled marble :) 

Here is an example that I look at from time to time of a polished Akro Limeade.

It came to me identified as a polished marble, and I like to reference it. You can see where the whispy white doesn't "flow", it's definitely broken up.

Polished Limeade.jpg