Is There

mon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I take the risk to describe the difference between early Peltiers and later Rainbos; Early Peltiers have different glass, more defined patterns, stronger colors. Offset ribbon configuration, ying yang pattern, swirls are all earlier Peltier characteristics that does not show in later Rainbos. Also, in earlier years Peltier produced certain color combination consistently. Later years all kinds of colors were introduced, but early combos like Christmas Trees, or Rebels were gone. Although there are Rainbos with aventurine, early aventurine was never produced in later years, which maybe because aventurine glass was expensive and Peltier wanted to cut costs down for profit.

Nice summary. I especially like the stronger colors and consistent combinations as compared to the later very variable (sometimes crazy & beautiful!) colors . . . and maybe Rainbo ribbons are usually thinner, more thready?

I am sure the production of NLRs didn't stop one day and moved to Rainbos. It gradually happened through months even a year or two. Some marbles like the Angels might have been produced during this transition time.

Another description for later Rainbo glass is diluted glass. Compare early Vitros, Masters, Alleys to later versions, you will find similar descriptions for all of them.

Ok, one last stab....promise! I'm confused........

Chuck states ribbon types and NLR can be Angels! Then it's changed to the Angel type is much earlier than Rainbos and all have jumped on board. 1st stated opaque ribbons then changed to include transparent. Am I reading the same post as all of you? I know Chuck and all of you are trying to help me understand but I have a hard time following what's said. Thanks for hanging in there with me!!!!!!!!!!

Personally when I saw Zaboos pictures I thought they were on too light of a base,,,BUT,,,I know sometimes its very hard to get the true colors in a picture..AND I also feel that Dani and her hubby have forgotten way more about marbles than what I know so I did not feel "qualified" for lack of a better word to make a comment so when she commented that in hand the base color was "muddy" I believed her. Just my opinion about the pictures...

Nothing is questioned about the tracers of color or maybe that they are rainbos...just the base color...look at them again....throw out the base color..and what I'm lead to believe is they could be Angels. I believe zaboo and I are saying the same thing about the base not being like a tracer. As you see in my pic of a tracer next to a B&E......it's not the same. Are tracers NLR, Rainbos or Tweeners? How many untraced ribbons are mandatory to be an Angel.

The two Angels together in one pic by Alan...http://marbleconnection.com/topic/17016-peltier-angels/?hl=angel....again, look to have the same base as zaboo's.

Are these Angels? We can't have two standards because I carry no weight!

I don't want to hear about my marbles.....I'm ok with them having no value. Wasn't here to reset a standard...just trying to find out what the standard is on a marble board!

I could be wrong in this whole getty-up and apologize to all for not getting it!

Two examples of Tracers found in boxes where Rainbos were expected:

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/8353-tracers-bloodies-rainbos-huh/

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/8160-berry-pink-marbles-help-needed/

In my mind:

NLRs: late 1920's, early 1930s

Angels: early 1930's to mid-1930's

Bloody Mary's and Tracers: mid-1930's to 1940's.

It is my understanding that many old marble (NLR) were stored in bins many years after their ending production. They made the picture marbles in 1933, and kept them in bins for almost 5 years, before they junked them due to low sales. I have a big value box that contains both NLR and Rainbos that was untouched and original.

I agree Steph on those last 2 pictures the one above defiantly isnt the other is close and maybe the benefit of the doubt, if i was in the market to buy an angel i think i would pass on that one though and hope for a better tanned example and old pic i found posted in 09 these 6 blue guys all have a bit of murky tan and vary

big20pelt20group_zpss895nt3m.jpg