Amsterdam Versus Champion? Discuss!

winnie

The one on the right sure looks like another Amsterdam marble from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah,if you're sure it isn't Champion then I have to believe I'm wrong.

I thought I bought it in America.There are 2 or 3 possibilities,i've put it in the wrong box or I bought a Veiligglas marble in America (not the first time)

The third option I just don't know LOL.

Steph could you delete my post?

Oh and at Joe's site I see a lot of Champion swirls,which look like swirl that i found in Holland.

I'll post a pic- of the ones I found here in the calender thread.

Oh yeah,if you're sure it isn't Champion then I have to believe I'm wrong.

I thought I bought it in America.There are 2 or 3 possibilities,i've put it in the wrong box or I bought a Veiligglas marble in America (not the first time)

The third option I just don't know LOL.

Steph could you delete my post?

Oh and at Joe's site I see a lot of Champion swirls,which look like swirl that i found in Holland.

I'll post a pic- of the ones I found here in the calender thread.

I could break it off into a Champion versus Veiligglas discussion thread. I didn't doubt your ID coz I know you have your sources in the U.S. I was just amazed by how close they were. Say the word and I'll split these into a new thread. :)

Many times on ebay the sellers lighting has everything to do with what you think you see, Poor lighting, shadows blurry out of focus pictures can change ones perspective of what we think we are looking at, then it's a risk until the marbles are in hand, I've taken many risks, some very rewarding while others make you feel like Charlie Brown-- (Oh Rats) not what I thought they were, with this group through the foggy crappy out of focus blurry shadowy photos, I thought Hmm they look Like Alley's But ??? then they arrived, and------ Not Alleys, it was OK though clean examples and the good ol learning process, and they were cheap a few real nice patterns to, DB.

post-3519-0-17236100-1422803734_thumb.jp

post-3519-0-60654800-1422803796_thumb.jp

In my memory I feel pretty sure I've had champs which look like the one on the right. Maybe straight from the Bicentennial bag.

Edit: My memory for color is suspect though, so ratchet that "pretty sure" down a few notches in translation.

What a surprise, not really though, On another Website Otherwise known as (The Darkside) You might meet Darth Vadar, Or find a Stelar Post By Ron Shepherd on Champion Agates, and low and behold a very very similar marble close to matching the one above, just a fresh post with only 70--80 photos of Champion Agates and some dates and info to solve some problems with specific color combos, beware it's real scary on the darkside, there's people that love marbles and folks that post pictures and everything, It may be too intense for some younger veiwers, New Years resolution I will Bring Everyone together for a Happy marble collecting expierence. DB.