Marble Sorting Day -- Some Peltier Patches

Steph

Thanks, Craig.

Mike, a bunch of 'em are from my mystery person, including the brown with red. And the bruiser. And the pearlized.

I left out some which I weren't sure were Pelt ... may be asking about those later. But I left in one I wasn't sure about it. Big John gave it to me awhile back. The black and white on on the top left edge. That's aventurine, but it looks like it was supposed to be a traditional ribbon rather than a patch. On the other side is a clear area which looks like a missing ribbon.

speaking of sorting....do I have like types together well? Please let me know if 1 is not like the others. Some of the slaggy looking things are confusing a little, seems to be the whites in them are the determining factor.

Anyway, whatever help you think I might need to sort them better would be appreciated.

There are 3 groups. Thanks guys....again.

post-3670-0-60999600-1422756692_thumb.jp

speaking of sorting....do I have like types together well? Please let me know if 1 is not like the others. Some of the slaggy looking things are confusing a little, seems to be the whites in them are the determining factor.

Anyway, whatever help you think I might need to sort them better would be appreciated.

There are 3 groups. Thanks guys....again.

You have your cases. Yay.

This one is almost all Peltier. The first two marbles in the left on the top row are Vitro. [Edit: you knew that, didn't you.] If they have a transparent face, which the blue one at least does appear to have, then they're helmets.

The black patches on top all have fire? (So they're all Peltier Acme Realers?)

Since we're thinking about aventurine in that other thread, check the black patches for sparkle or shimmer. I do not see enough shimmer in mine under indoor light to call it aventurine, but sometimes you luck out and get it on Realers.

post-3670-0-81082200-1422756780.jpg

I don't think slag on the top left. Not sure on the peach on on the 2nd row. On the third row, I'm not sure about the 2nd from the left.

Skipping to the 5th row, the aqua based one is a Peltier Rainbo. Possibly early (like maybe NLR times). Not slag though.

Next row (2nd from bottom) ... not sure about the 2nd from the left.

Ditto on the 2nd from left on the bottom row.

post-3670-0-09111200-1422756740.jpg

Here you've got your Popeyes on the bottom.

Then move over and up and get your NLRs. In the middle on the left, it looks like you have an NLR next to a Rainbo.

Moving up to the 2nd from the top, you have three Rainbos.

Then on the top row. ... hmmm ... Two rainbos. Next are two ones swirly read and blue ones which I can't place -- interesting ones. Then three which might be Rainbos but a single ribbon on either side is unusual for a Rainbo.

post-3670-0-60999600-1422756692.jpg

thank you, I did OK, but will re-arrange a couple. With the picture cheese just posted in Marble Comparison thread, with the CAC on his left side...those ribbon shapes look like my red-blue swirly in top row that you aren't sure about. Could they be CAC?

I cannot believe I even stumped you.

They aren't CACs, but I'm not sure what they are either. The colors look like they could have akro colors, but don't really look like akros. Might wanna take more pics of them. I love that row of peltier NLRs and the top right red/white/black one in the first pic is also an NLR rebel.

I cannot believe I even stumped you.

:)

I know right?! (lol)

I'm easily stumpable. I'm glad you posted so many classics. They were fun to ID.

..... maybe it's just those views of those two red/blues which are throwing me off. Did someone else ID them already in your other threads? Maybe you could start an ID thread just for them, with a few views.

Were they part of your old lot?

Edit: with Cheese in the room, feel free to post them in this thread. I just suggested a new thread to be sure you'd have others looking at 'em. :D

in Marble ID forum, New Member Old Collection 8 you can see all 5 in question here in the firs big group shot. Then, all the way down the thread, cheese thought the 3 (with a nice pic) were rainbos, and the 2 red/blue swirly (also nice pic) were "some sort of WV swirl".

I don't know how to move those pictures into this thread.

in Marble ID forum, New Member Old Collection 8 you can see all 5 in question here in the firs big group shot. Then, all the way down the thread, cheese thought the 3 (with a nice pic) were rainbos, and the 2 red/blue swirly (also nice pic) were "some sort of WV swirl".

I don't know how to move those pictures into this thread.

*scratching head*

DSCN0365_zpsc3e5b385.jpg

I take back that they aren't CACs. I can't tell, the other pic looks like they could be. I'd make a thread with those alone, with close pics from several angles.

Nice PPPs Steph... I love the pearl! I haven't lucked up on one of those yet.

Edit: I goofed around too long making this reply and Steph already posted the bigger pic. I'm going with CAC. I don't know why they didn't look like it from the other pics, but now I see it in those pics too.

thanks you two! Pictures tomorrow, time to hit the hay. Didn't mean to divert away from your sorted group Stph. I like the top, white based with gray and black. Never seen that coloration before.

Curious to see how my eBay lots go tomorrow night. Also, Steph, the Realers in this thread are not the solid white with black patches in eBay lot. I hope you noticed that. Aventurine.....obvious confusion but I do see gold spots way into the guts of the marbles. Night ya'll.

Yeah, Peerless Patches are the solid ones.

Acme Realers are the ones you can see into with the fire (gold) inside, but I was sorta wondering of one or two non-black Realers might have slipped into the auction lots.

'nite!