Please Post Examples Of Cac Exotics

Steph

First time I heard the description "Exotics" was one of the last Danny Turner Running Rabbit auction for couple of unusual "Guineas". After Marblealan bought RR auctions he used the term freely for any high end Christensen ST/SO marble. At one point there was a controversy regarding these marbles as being fake but I think that argument lost it's momentum after the availability of these rare marbles diminished. At one point Marblealan was selling tons of them triggering suspicion among collectors if these are really rare.

• 4 weeks later...

You probably will not get too many serious CAC collecters calling any of their CAC marbles Exotics. It was a term brought in to existence for some folks to sell good looking CACs and really has no bearing on any particular type IMO. I don't use it, way too broad a term to describe any CAC marble IMO

I'm guessing http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRISTENSEN-AGATE-STRIPED-TRANSPARENT-ONLY-9-16-SUPER-RARE-/141577364489and several others sold recently by this seller are "exotics", no?

Face it. We have to be initiated into at least the 24th level before we're allowed to know these things. We're not there yet.

Yes Andrea, The Circus marbles were German in origin,

And Steph I do not think it is any thing other than there really is no such thing as an "EXOTIC" other than a very pretty CAC striped transparent, striped opaque submarine cyclone or even a swirl???? It is an even broader term than layered sand (which is another term hardly ever uttered by most serious CAC collecters. There is just no way to give a description as to what constitutes an "EXOTIC" other than "a word used to help sell CACs by a few folks on ebay"