Please Post Examples Of Cac Exotics

Steph

You probably will not get too many serious CAC collecters calling any of their CAC marbles Exotics. It was a term brought in to existence for some folks to sell good looking CACs and really has no bearing on any particular type IMO. I don't use it, way too broad a term to describe any CAC marble IMO

You have got to be kidding!!!!!! The "exotic" was the only name used by all the serious CAC collectors in the days of "the find"! Now these holders of this cache want to rub the stink off of these for money! And at the time..... there was a lot of stink!!! Even you galen stated on a photo's of 19 "good looking CAC's" that most were fake...but needed to see them in hand to be sure. Why, because they were so different than what was ever known before. Show me some pre "the find" examples that looked like this.....just your run-of-the-mill sub...and this is not the wildest color combo's that surfaced during that small window of time!

DSC05258.jpg

Hey Folks, you want to swallow this crap and believe they are in attics, grandpa's stash or original CAC packaging in the wild......you are wrong!

Ask any of the big CAC collectors before "the find" if they could point out almost every "EXOTIC" that came from this cache! If that's not a separate group that should have it's own category/name forever...I don't know what would! Oh, I know why...and it's the root of all evil! GULP!

Grab your popcorn....and try to post if you got the nerve! not meant for you galen!lol

Sorry Mon, guess I should have put "now" in there for you. Been hashed over too many times, even I get tired of beating a dead horse. You either think they are real or don't. Some of us are lucky enough to have spent time with the guys that found them, believe it or not.

That has not been hashed out on the boards.......you talked with them? Tell us all about it ..... I don't know either way....but sure would like too!

My post had no bashing of real or not.....just pointing out that it is and always been a particular group called exotics and should always remain..IMO.

Let me try to inspire some folks here......do you know the story of galens meeting the guys that found this unbelievable/greatest cache of marbles ever found? Would you like to know? please join me in asking him to tell us all by posting. This is a big deal! Buckeye asked how mig could have held on to the MFC info and not told it before......I feel the same now! Please post and ask him.

I am inspired !

I have heard lots of different stories every year since these were first sold by a select few and most sold to a select few. You almost needed a invitation to see them for sale. They sure looked nice then and now. I admit that i have a few but not from the original dealers back in the day. I talked with and knew some of the original dealers but nobody that made the actual or original find. I have no proof or seen any proof either way just hearsay and some interesting stories.

But i am always willing to listen to another story. I don't think the horse is dead yet. I have plenty of popcorn.

• Like 1

LOL. I just wanted pics of that type in this thread.

I've heard the stories a lot. Seen the public stories. Heard versions which could only be told in private.

I just wanted to see some pictures. :D:lol::D^_^

Dang it, Darla!

Your 7:09 P.M. post came out on top of mine in the general chat index! :P

It would be interesting for some of us to hear the story about the 'found cache',

but I'd sure like to do so without getting into a 'semantics' argument.

Mon, you make a valid point/opinion, but I personally think you came out of the gate here a wee bit too provocative.

Galen's equally valid thoughts included words like 'probably' and 'imo', and were done in a non-combative gentlemanly fashion.

I'm truly sorry kbobam that my approach sent you reeling! Tell me not to post if it's the me that's not wanted because that's all I've ever known. I'm a good guy believe it or not....not lonely, not hated, trusted and certainly not pushed to the side by people who have spent time with me. Galen's post that I quoted was invalid and not true marble history. I tried to point that out with facts and clarity. You did not wonder one minute what I was trying to say because it was to the point.

Please let me know for I would never want to be where I'm not wanted and respect you all for telling me. I was a union president and won in a landslide of 152 employees that speaks to me of my character. As you have pointed out, my lack of the king's english makes it hard for me to type my feelings. mon

Darnit, that horse is getting awfully tenderized(LOL)

Mon, just to clarify, I have been to many many shows in the last 10+ years. I have talked to many many CAC collectors at those shows on the phone and face to face . Not once did any of them ever utter the word Exotic when talking about or decribing CACs. That is a fact. I also never said they were fake. That is a fact. I did say that their surface under a 40x illuminated microscope has the identical manufacturing patterns and surface markings as vintage CAC slags etc. So if they are new they were made on CAC equipment with CAC glass in the exact same way as all the other CAC Striped opaques transparents etc that everyone excepts as vintage.

Long story short, some guys dug them up, they got some smart folks to help them get the most for them so the crappier ones went out first the super killers went out last. Brian E got a lot of the great ones. Les got many of the first ones which were the simpler single color types that no one mentions any more. There were only a few folks involved and it was smart marketing so they could keep prices up. If the best would have been released first the crappier ones would not have sold for any where near what they were getting. They have all been released and it is now just movement between collectors. I don't type well enough to get deeper but anyone that really cares can give me a call. Or give Brian a call.

And when I say "they" I am talking about the striped transparents submarines striped opaques cyclones and some cobras that were in the find that a few folks called Exotics to help make Ebay sales. I was not trying to say there is not a group of marbles from a certain find. Just that CAC collectors really do not use the term "EXOTIC" which is why IMO they do not respond to the term as it is way to broad and at this time it is hard to say whether a marble is from that find or not.

Change that, I've talked with Brian E., Alan B., Les J., Rick H., Clyde T. and many others that used that name only. I was at a lot of shows too at that time and it was the term used to inquire. Mig can vouch for me the report you gave me on being fake...hope he chimes in (I might have the e-mail on my old laptop and will check). I was holding a lot of these and was involved maybe deeper than you at that time.

Page one...bumblebee post two links about these......look at the caliber of posters and count the times "exotic" was used...the threads are titled Exotics.

Meant to be as nice as possible......if I talked with the real people who found these, those are not the details I would seek and Steph, I also have heard that story many times. I thought he really had something but yep, it's a dead horse.

God bless you mig!!!!!!!

Wow, that is going back a ways, Can't believe you're still holding on to that. Another dead horse awakens(LOL) Pics be can real tough to judge marbles from. And I am sometimes wrong. I also may exaggerate now and again and get my time periods off by years. Getting older sure is fun

Wow, that is going back a ways, Can't believe you're still holding on to that. Another dead horse awakens(LOL) Pics be can real tough to judge marbles from. And I am sometimes wrong. I also may exaggerate now and again and get my time periods off by years. Getting older sure is fun

Wow is right....you go from stating stuff as Fact then find the goods give you no wiggle room and you can't believe I'm still holding on to that! Holding on to what.....the truth? I allowed my marbles to be evaluated by you and you reported your beliefs...where's the harm in that? What do I have to hold on to? Now the pics weren't that bad.....just some pretty nice CAC's...Oh, and you all can judge one of the pics sent to galen...

christexotics_zpspon0yrbe.jpg

Now it's just a story....no, you made it out that you had first hand info from the diggers themselves. If you had the reason for the dig, year, and what company preformed this dig, I can call the garage again and they can verify these accounts. When I talked to her last she knew of no such event and stated she definitely would if it was done above board.

WARNING People, IF all this is a HOAX and the secret is held tight-lipped and near death comes a knocking...you know what sometimes happens......do you want to be holding these for the price that they still bring....think long and hard about it! IMHO

In post #9 of the 1st linked thread, this is galens statement...keep in mind he has never called them or big-shot collector's at any time....just for ebay use...the name "EXOTICS"! Please note all the other discrepancies in his statement...like not knowing if you held one.

There are a large ammount of extra bright and beautiful types that only appeared recently Winnie.(there are some pictured in that book) They are called Exotics by many collectors. Most CAC collectors know when they are holding one of the "Exotics". It would be impossible to describe in writing the difference in the "Exotics" and a regular extra special CAC striped transparent or striped opaque.

One story is they were found in one big hole in the ground during a Cambridge city pipe laying project. Another is that the all came from the home of an employee of CAC. Almost all of them can be traced back to one of a very small group of people.(one of the reasons they are questioned). This is a subject that will probably always remain controversial and unproved one way or the other. One reason is that too much money exchanged hands for these marbles when they first appeared.(hundreds of thousands of dollars?) And nice examples are still selling in the 500-1000 dollar range.

Nobody has explained why a find of this historic magnitude is entirely undocumented. That is highly suspicious, particular if big-time collectors were involved. Where are the photos of the dig? Where are the photos of the piles of the marbles, the cleaning and sorting? This is a hobby where members savor history, particularly documented history. There is no shortage of photos of every bit of packaging and paper and marble history, except in this case.

Clearly somebody has something to hide, but it is not clear what that something is.

My gut tells me that if these are genuine vintage CACs, then somebody got them for a song from somebody who did not know their value, and that explains the hush-hush nature of their origins.

Wow is right....you go from stating stuff as Fact then find the goods give you no wiggle room and you can't believe I'm still holding on to that! Holding on to what.....the truth? I allowed my marbles to be evaluated by you and you reported your beliefs...where's the harm in that? What do I have to hold on to? Now the pics weren't that bad.....just some pretty nice CAC's...Oh, and you all can judge one of the pics sent to galen...

christexotics_zpspon0yrbe.jpg

Now it's just a story....no, you made it out that you had first hand info from the diggers themselves. If you had the reason for the dig, year, and what company preformed this dig, I can call the garage again and they can verify these accounts. When I talked to her last she knew of no such event and stated she definitely would if it was done above board.

WARNING People, IF all this is a HOAX and the secret is held tight-lipped and near death comes a knocking...you know what sometimes happens......do you want to be holding these for the price that they still bring....think long and hard about it! IMHO

Nice group... I also question there vintage origin! Mainly because there always offered for sale in the mint range condition and why haven't I and others found them in the wild?

Nobody has explained why a find of this historic magnitude is entirely undocumented. That is highly suspicious, particular if big-time collectors were involved. Where are the photos of the dig? Where are the photos of the piles of the marbles, the cleaning and sorting? This is a hobby where members savor history, particularly documented history. There is no shortage of photos of every bit of packaging and paper and marble history, except in this case.

Clearly somebody has something to hide, but it is not clear what that something is.

My gut tells me that if these are genuine vintage CACs, then somebody got them for a song from somebody who did not know their value, and that explains the hush-hush nature of their origins.

I agree with everything, but your possible gut feeling of them being vintage CACs... Something about them just doesn't feel right and I just can't put a finger on it!

I too do not believe they are CAC. Someone I knew that passed away knew something that he shared only part of with me. I can't share a piece of that information because I can't prove it. I did share it once and got soundly trounced on. Wish I knew the whole story. I do know that marblealan backed away from them.