Question Re. Marbles Bag

Very interesting Marble bag, one would think it belonged to the matching box set with the Indian Graphics, Rather a stumper there Hansel, I've collected the vintage Marble Bags for quite some time and focused on Indian graphics and to be honest have never seen that one ever, Not even referenced, The Stiching would look correct for some Vintage bags seen in Akro sets, HMM is it a suede/ leather type or cloth? no brass ends, Perhaps one of the Large Peltheads will have some info, I'd think if it were a reproduction you would see more surface. Very Interesting. DB.

Hansel, none of the bags I own were produced by Peltier or for Peltier That I have been told, mostly Master Marble and a few others that are strange and cant be attributed to any specific company, there was a rumor put forth by Knomepunter that 2 were possibly Kokomo bags however after exstensive research and taking the bags to several Marble shows no one can ID them as being from Kokomo Not even the (Largest Peltheads) I've done several posts on them before on the (other) marble website full of photo's but you wouldnt want to go there strictly taboo for anyone with knowledge.Your Friends bag is of great interest. DB.

The No. 228 box came with a bag but I thought it was leather not suede. I could easily be mistaken though. Regardless, the bags from the No. 228 boxes had two yellow draw strings with no metal ends. The stitching was also yellow opposed to red as shown on the example above.

I would be a little leery about this bag. Poor graphics and way to much info. I have not seen a bag with the marble company's name and city and state where it was made. Don't think the "kids" would need or want to know that. Just my opinion.

thanks

I would be a little leery about this bag. Poor graphics and way to much info. I have not seen a bag with the marble company's name and city and state where it was made. Don't think the "kids" would need or want to know that. Just my opinion.

thanks

Just found this pic that Steph posted today in Steph's Study Hall . . . compare box lid and this bag . . . In this box the bag is a little different from the one IowaMarble mentions. Red draw strings. I have no idea what that means. I am a Small Pelthead even on my best days.

post-2163-0-97031300-1425514558_thumb.jp