You Might Be A Marble Addict ....

Steph

• 2 weeks later...

You might be a marble addict if your display collection goes in with the fire/water/impact resistant safe with all the really important stuff, when a major hurricane is coming your way lol.

Truth.

With Matthew aiming for Jacksonville,  marbles and safe went into the trunk and parked on the third floor of a parking garage lol.

It was a crazy week.

Great story.  But oh no!   I guess you came out of it okay. 

Did you park the car high to stay out of the flooding?  (good planning)

Well, you have the answer to "which marbles would you save in an emergency"?

I don't ask anymore, "which marbles would you save in a fire?," because the answer for a fire  is "don't try to save anything but you and your loved ones."  But Matthew gave you time to think.  

Matthew made me look at all my "stuff" differently, that's for sure. How strange  it was to look around the house and decide what actually mattered, with the bridges closing off evacuation routes. It became very surreal,  very quickly.

We came out of a lot better than some, one of my friends didn't :( their house flooded and they lost one car, but everyone is safe, which is most important.

We live three miles from the coast and at 12 foot elevation, which sounds far away, but when the storm is 700 miles wide, that three miles is pretty small. Luckily, we only lost our patio roof, with some damage to the roof where it was attached. Had to collect patio roof pieces from around the neighborhood lol. 

And you nailed it, parked up high for the flooding. The storm surge and high tide occurred simultaneously,  our bad luck. Major flooding at Jax Beach. 

• 2 years later...

Ive been at the thrift stores so much in the last year or 2,looking for marbles. Some of the staff recognize me  . When i walk in they will just tell me there is no marbles today. Every now and then they say the marble lady beat you today. Makes me wonder if they ever tell her the marble guy beat you to it today. 

• 3 weeks later...