Same Run - Please Post Em If You Have Em!

disco005

i like them too..... same run .. i.m.o. .. fits in with the .. miller .. description. technically incorrect, but has been used for yrs. for a specific description to a pattern. bill

Uh oh, I seem to have stepped into something, I really just wanted to share and see photos.

The Yellow and Blue is a guess on my part that they are same run, just from the patterns that I've marked ( I have more angles, but can't find the photos right now, and don't have the equipment to take the pics), I honestly don't remember if I received these two together.

The Blue and Green however, I'm confident are same run, that is based on Alan's opinion, and I'll pretty much follow that blindly :)

Nothing technical about my marble collecting or photos, I enjoy the beauty of them and marvel at the depth of knowledge that is gathered here on this web site.

-Jess

post-78-0-70424800-1428334439_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-96331700-1428334462_thumb.jpg

Did Akro make all the Blue and Yellow Popeyes in one single same run ? Did they make them for only one week,one month or one year ? I have seen Jabos made two or three years apart that look the exact same to me. Were all the Ravenswood Blue Ravens or other distinct types colors combinations made during one run ?

There are and has to be similar looking or what some call same run marbles. I am just not sure how we know which ones for sure were made what day or what order. Most companies ran 24hrs a day 7 days a week. Were the two above made the same day and on the same machine ? They look a lot different in size. I could see those two above being made the same day or different days maybe years ? The larger one even looks like a slightly different yellow. What is the defination of a run ? Is it one day,was it 24 hrs,is it one color combination,is it one machine ? Where was the start and end of a vinatge run ? If Akro made Popeyes for five days,is each different color combination a different run ? Or was it a five day run of popeyes ? If it was a five day run there would be a lot of same run. Can some define run for vinatge marble companies production ??????

Im thinking,"same run" is not accurate,but it is used because of the lack of a better term.

If you look at jabo's,how many differant color combo's are there in the same run?

If you look at the vintage marbles,formulas were documented so they could be duplicated.

How about "twins" or "triplets" or something in that line?

Im thinking,"same run" is not accurate,but it is used because of the lack of a better term . . . How about "twins" or "triplets" or something in that line?

I like that idea . . .

I appreciate the various responses that refer to the 'same run' concept.

When put together they answer the other questions I had.

Which, to be honest, I didn't know how to put into words.

It's sounding like 'same run' doesn't have a strict meaning.

But that seems okay, since most people will probably know

what it was meant to mean in a given situation.

This just made me think of something. Some Chinese-Americans whose

original language is Chinese will sometimes mix up the English words 'he' and 'she'.

Although this can be awkward, there's a really good explanation.

In Chinese there's only one word! Because you already know who you're talking about! ( :

Sometimes you get marbles together in a lot and they're such close matches that you think they must have been littermates.

(Bob, this is the second pic of yours which didn't load for me today. Just the first quarter inch and then nothing else. I don't know what I'm missing. :( )

It's definitely a good way to describe one particular 'same run' situation.

Steph, I've had some similar problems with my stuff recently.

Both when looking at a preview before posting, and in the final result.

But clicking on the down-arrow or refreshing the page seems to solve it.

Not the kind of solution one would want, so I'll start painfully looking

for errors in windows log files if this seems to keep up.

• 2 weeks later...