What Are You Eating Right Now?! (:

Steph

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had an executive chef show up at a company thingy today and showed us how to make chocolate truffles. Making the Ganache is actually quite easy. I had a little luck, the sesame chipotle are my fave. The box is now half almost empty. Only in California(LOL) Bunch of construction workers bumping elbows with sales women making chocolates and putting them in pretty little boxes, it was fairly amusing

post-87-0-71275500-1449274293_thumb.jpg

Okay. It was a week or so ago. I'm only thinking about eating it 'right now'.

Because in this movie, the girl on the right asked the one and only question

that's on my mind that time of year. And got the answer she and I would

both be hoping for. And did the little 'yes dance' just like I would. :D

gbc1_zpsxrbo4byf.jpg

gbc2_zpshbq9rrib.jpg

(I have a school essay somewhere that I wrote when I was a little kid.

There's a big red circle around my description of all of us as 'human beans'.)

Back to the present! Apparently Galen doesn't (or didn't) suffer from the rare

condition referred to by 'Sheldon' here. I hope very much that our dear friend

is still 'with us' and didn't turn himself into an incendiary device. ( :

beans_zps3czsuthg.jpg

Bags says it contains 16 of the following. They sure seem to be stretching things a bit(LOL) But it was really really good, and explosion free!!!!! And over 1/2 a gallon left to freeze.

Baby Lima, Green Split Peas, Lentils, Great Northern Beans, Large Lima Beans, Black Eyed Peas, Black Beans, Light Red Kidney Beans, Pink Beans, Dark Red Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Small Red Beans, Yellow Split Peas, Small White Beans, Garbanzo Beans, Cranberry Beans, Yellow Eyed Peas, Green Whole Peas,

That sounds yum. ....

The lima is scary .... but I'm willing to try them again.

Tonight I added raisins to my teriyaki-ginger-crushed-red-pepper burgers. I mix up the fixings for about six burgers at a time.

Where will this madness end?

MSG be darned, I got a box of ramen-ish noodle soups. (Actually hubby discovered that the box which I already had was the exact right size for his Atari cartridges, but he needed a second box, so more soup for me!)

Buttttt ... it's very spicy and so I cook two portions of noodles with one portion of seasoning.

Soooooo .... now I have a jar full of seasoning packets and am not sure what to do with them. I do occasionally pull a packet out for seasoning, but I'd like to have more ramen-ish noodles to go with them, and I don't know where to find anything at all close.

Tried rice noodles and they're edible but not close enough to the same.

Not eating it yet but just fished getting it ready for the Oven tomorrow, once again it is the TURDUCKINIG . That a big ol chicken in a big ol duck in a big ol turkey with smoked bacon all through it and between the layers. All boned out and put back together .

post-87-0-34544300-1450934104_thumb.jpg

post-87-0-86816200-1450934121_thumb.jpg

Cilantro burger.

After too much cilantro in a burrito-thingy and in a salad, I put exactly the right amount in my pound of ground beef.

Plus some dried onions, terriyaki sauce, raisins and crushed red pepper. A little bit less than usual of all those things in case the cilantro was already on the too-much side.

But everything was perfect.

And then I froze the rest of the cilantro bundle because I've run out of things to try it in.

Your food almost always sounds really good.

Except for the raisins.

Grapes, in themselves, aren't so great either.

There is only one legitimate and noble use for grapes.

(With the exception of Welch's Jelly)

The pursuit of truth! :P

The raisins are soooooooo good.

Only a few this time and was happy about going with less.

Every bite of the burger was scrumptious.

But it was still good back before I thought to add the raisins.

Savoury.

LOL ... sorry ... I won't try to convert you to raisins. Well, not very hard.

I didn't much like 'em as a kid.

Just very much enjoying them as a cooking ingredient. :)

Making ramen (well, udon) with bok choy right now. No raisins. :D

Huh! I didn't know about udon. (Almost said 'from' instead of 'about'. Must be feeling New Yorky today!)

It looks more appetizing than ramen. Maybe 'better for you' too.

Although I have no idea if reports about ramen not being the healthiest thing in the world are over-exaggerated.

These might be based on the traditional situation of impoverished students eating nothing else for long periods of time.

I think I've had a couple times where ramen noodles have caused a problem, and I'm guessing it's because of their

'quick cooking' nature. (Similar to 'instant' rice) Proper cooking time needs to be surprisingly precise because of this,

since small variations are a large percentage of the 'overall' time involved.

If you cook them too long, they turn to mush. Not good, but I guess you can live with it.

The problem I'm talking about is when you don't cook them quite long enough.

They haven't finished absorbing liquid in the cooking process, so they do it in your stomach.

Picture a classic cartoon animated version of 'Good Old Bob' eating these undercooked noodles.

Next you hear a bunch of strange gurgling sounds.

Then there's a sudden 'Pop!' and you see him appearing to be eight months pregnant!

Of course it's hilarious on the surface, but it's somewhat unpleasant in practice. :lol:

My problem with the noodles is that I start eating them when they're too hot. So by the time they get down to a good temperature for eating, I'm on my last bite.

This time I let them cool while I did something else which I couldn't put off, so I was able to enjoy the bowl for longer.

They did end up mushy, and had absorbed more than the usual amount of the spicy liquid (mama mia), but yum.