Christensen Agate Or German Machine-Made?

Hi: Is this an early 2 seam Christensen Agate Striped Opaque or is it an early German machine made marble ? Marble is Mint and slightly larger than 5/8" in diameter. I'll post 4 pictures so you can see 4 sides. Thanks, Bob.

post-2934-0-46053400-1436278714_thumb.jp

post-2934-0-06247600-1436278743_thumb.jp

I would put it with my European types

So would I. The seams are a little blurry (especially in the second pic) if you look at them closely. And the red seems off . . . not CAC-y.

Maybe that's not a good term, CAC-y. Sounds kinda like a cat with a hairball. But you know what I mean.

Hi: Any blurriness of the red color in the marble is the result of my poor photography. In hand, colors are crisp and sharp. Green base looks like CA, however, red color is not totally red. It has some orangy red streaks or blending in the bands. That is why I originally questioned the marble's origins. Bob.

I found two of these kind of marbles, same colors, same pattern, here in Holland. Also think the same size. The seam indeed makes me also think that they are German made, also the fact that I've found them in Holland.

Thanks for sharing, besides my two marbles, I did not see more of them, think they are rare?

Cees

I believe they're called German circus marbles,they're very hard to find.

Here're some that were digged at Laucha,the colors are crisp and sharp.

Cees do you have pictures of yours?

Bob,I've got a German vibe from your marble,though,when I look at the first pic- in post #2,I hestitate a little,I have that kind of construction (pattern) not seen on my marbles,but maybe that says nothing,everything could happen.

striped-gerMedium.jpg

opaqueMedium.jpg

• 2 weeks later...