Is It Rude?

sclsu

Ok, so I look at a lot of eBay listings for marbles (to procrastinate rather than posting my stuff for sale lol) and often I see incorrect info in other people's ads. Occasionally I will send people a message but I just wonder if I am being rude (or a jerk) when I do that. Thoughts?

I occasionally do that.

I don't consider myself to be rude for doing so.

Edit: Of course there's a lot to be said about how you do it. We joke about "marble cops" because some folks can come across pretty harshly. And if the seller doesn't respond the way the person likes, it can go downhill from there. If you do that often enough for that to be how people remember you ...... well, I'm sure you don't wanna do that or you wouldn't be asking this question now.

I know what you mean. I am always polite and write in a way that is, in my opinion, geared towards being helpful. I don't do it very often, and I don't think I've gotten any responses, so I don't really know how it has been perceived by others. I know when I point things out at antique malls that are mislabeled or fakes, they are polite, but are rarely updated by the store.