A Cac Bloodie Thing

ann

In another thread (Marbles with a Name), J_Ding and I both expressed our uncertainty when it comes to IDing CAC bloodies. Part of my problem, I think, is that I haven't seen more than one at a time, and then only at widely-spaced intervals . . .

If we could have a bloodie thread, with pictures, and people telling us what they consider to be the hallmarks of a bloodie, that would be a fine thing.

Here's my (probably only) contribution, to start off with - - -

post-2163-0-70978500-1441235061_thumb.jp

Great idea for this thread! I understand they go red to brown, nice examples Gary. This is one I found in the wild in a jar, and am somewhat certain (but not perfectly so) that it is a CAC bloodie. What do you all think? (Edit: Clarified language.)

John

post-3757-0-01362500-1441236539_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-73822200-1441236540_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-50543500-1441236542_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-74900800-1441236544_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-55619500-1441236546_thumb.jp

So Akro boxed red slags separately and called them Cardinal Reds

And Peltier boxed red slags seperately and called the Cerise Agates

And CAC boxed ___________ and called them Worlds Best Bloodies

Then Akro boxed Red with a white corkscrew and called them Cardinal Reds

Then Peltier boxed some white with weird orange red ribbons and called them Bloodies.

I don't know. The first Cardinal Reds and the Cerise Agates were hand-gathered. Do you think that whatever CAC boxed as Bloodies were hand-gathered? Or did CAC even have boxed hand-gathered marbles? [insert = not bringing up Guineas and things in this context! Forgetabboudit.]

I always assumed that once they (both Akro and Peltier) switched to machine mades, that was kinda the end of either having a special name for their red slags. But I'm not box-smart enough to know that Akro had a machine-made / corkscrew version of their Cardinal Reds. Any pix?

I could certainly be way wrong. Way.

I posted it that way because so much guess work has been involved with CACs and names. Guineas and Moons (not Moonies)are a for sure but what other marbles are we absolutely positive they are what the company marketed. The bloodies are very tough because many of the boxes appear to have been back filled. I have wondered for some time if they were not really just CACs version of onyx swirls(after slags)???I wonder if we have Jennies and Bloodies reversed?? Maybe Rics pic in #5 is close to correct???

Then Akro boxed Red with a white corkscrew and called them Cardinal Reds

Then Peltier boxed some white with weird orange red ribbons and called them Bloodies.

Is there any significance to CAC and Peltier both marketing marbles with the name Bloodies?