Are These Marbles Good ... Or ???

shotgun

Are these marbles good ... or ??? ... just , bunch them all together and sell in bulk by the pound ? I know there many be a diamond in the rough ... in the bunch ... and I am still trying to figure out the good from the common ....

Is this mostly new marbles ... and if you can but any names on some ... that would be great ... I am thinking probably Arko on most ????

Thanks Doug

411676320.jpg

411676319.jpg

411676251.jpg

411676250.jpg

411676252.jpg

411676253.jpg

I made some comments on the green marbles in the other thread.

Most of the selection is modern. However, there are some vintage ones mixed in.

It would be good if you could extract the vintage ones. Then fine to bunch the moderns up and sell them in bulk.

Among the vintage ones, I'm not sure I see any Akro. I'm not sure I don't though. I do see some Vitro. And some Peltier. And I think some West Virginia swirls.

My wife says it looks like one of the tops off a metal flower ornament that broke off ... I don't thinks its marble related now ... kinda pretty ....

THANKS ... Steph ... I see what you mean on the oxblood stripe ..... any with a dark red stripe would be considered Oxblood ? I have quite a few with that ... some shown in picture ....

411677154.jpg

Not just any dark red stripe.

I'm not sure I see any oxblood in that picture.

But can I have more views of those green, red and yellow marble on the right side? They don't look like ox. But I'd like a closer look for another reason.

The red, green and yellow have the colors of Akro Lifesaver Corkscrews. Those would be good, so I am looking for some corkscrew structure -- or for some other person to come in and say, "yep, that's what those are."

In the second picture from post #10, the red and green marble looks like it could be vintage. More views would be needed. The red and white swirl in the front looks vintage -- a West Virginal swirl. Abbreviated WV swirl.

The red and yellow looks like a modern Chinese handmade from this one view.

I'm guessing Vacor (modern and Mexican) on the top middle and top right marble. More views could possibly change minds.

It was good to give us an overview of your marbles so we could get the big picture.

Now that you know most are modern but some may be vintage, it would be best to start a new thread for each new type you'd like to have ID-ed.

If you keep adding new pictures of different types to the same thread, things quickly get confusing.

But for now I'm hoping that someone will come in and weigh in on this group:

411677362.jpg

More pics from different angles would help, but they sure look like Akro corks in my favorite color combination -- not exactly like a Lifesaver, which are more of a lime-y green, but edging over towards the turquoise end of things. For me they've been a little harder to find than regular Lifesavers. I may have a pic of some cullet I have like that. I'll go away and look.

Thought I might have a pic of the new cullet, but I don't -- just a crummy little one of a piece I've had for a few years --

post-2163-0-28713200-1443112215_thumb.jp

OK .... pictures of some different angles ... and more pictures of the ... what I think are the older ones ..... I still have another box with 45 to 50 pounds in it to sort through .... Got to say ... almost as fun as old fishing lures .... but wife says I can have only one bad habit ....

411683546.jpg

411683548.jpg

411683547.jpg

411683562.jpg

411683561.jpg

411683532.jpg

411683531.jpg

411683530.jpg

411683529.jpg

411683528.jpg

411683528.jpg

411683526.jpg

Yep, those are four nice Akro corkscrews in a harder-to-find color combination. Especially the two on the right that seem to have an extra blue strip. Or maybe it's a clear area. Hard to tell from photos.

Nice.

411683547.jpg

Most/many of these look modern. But there are Peltier Rainbos, Moss Agates, and WV Swirls in there also.

411683562.jpg

These are mostly modern. Mostly Imperials.

411683530.jpg

Many of these are Imperials. I might see a WV swirl though.

411683529.jpg

Imperials have a structure which does often resemble some older marbles. They can look sort of like Master Sunbursts.

Here's a thread with some modern marbles in it: New Marbles Which Sort Of Look Old

OK .... when I go to sell these ..... what's going to be the best way to do it ? Take forever to sell 1 at a time .... sell the whole bunch old and new as one lot .... sell small bunches on eBay ??? .... Get a local marble collector to help me ? On the really common cat eyes ... these I will sell by the pound ... How much a pound do they go for ? Would appreciate any thoughts on how to sell these ...

Thanks for all the help ....

Doug

OK .... when I go to sell these ..... what's going to be the best way to do it ? Take forever to sell 1 at a time .... sell the whole bunch old and new as one lot .... sell small bunches on eBay ??? .... Get a local marble collector to help me ? On the really common cat eyes ... these I will sell by the pound ... How much a pound do they go for ? Would appreciate any thoughts on how to sell these ...

Thanks for all the help ....

Doug

Well, the Akros which have already been identified ... sell them separately from the rest.

I'd like to see more pics of the red/blue/yellow one on top here. There's a modern one which looks like this but also a nice old one and if this turns out to be old it should be sold separately.

411677363.jpg

You could go with small bunches on ebay and you get start them sort of low and let viewers set the market. If you sell a number of lots in the same week (ending at staggered times) you can get a lot of eyes and possibly a lot of competition. Since you aren't sure what all you have, you can put your best guesses as search terms. Give decent photos so people can judge condition for themselves.