Steph

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I'm starting to feel okay about my picture taking.  Still need a dedicated picture taking place and would like to be able to take photos after dark.  Maybe in the new house.  For now ... this was taken out on the porch with the sun behind the rainclouds.  And it worked for me.  

Buttons_01_750_zps9nwenxp4.jpg

Works for me too! Nice photograph.  I have a photo/research area in the basement (dark) too, and it sure is handy.  Tinkering with photography and my work station is a regular occurrence around here.  Something to look forward to setting up--you'll dig it!   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I may be behind the times --but . . .

This  is a polymer clay “marble” made by Carl Fisher, an IBM engineer- turned from vintage glass marble collector to an apparently successful maker of lightweight copies of classic  glass marbles.  

There is an interview and series with pictures of his work on the internet --  Google ---   Carl Fisher marbles interview

P. C. 

Best for the random marble thread at this point, as I'm uncertain about the manufacturer of this one, but it is likely Akro.  I do know this...teal is a tough color to get in machine slags, and very difficult to find hand gathered.  This could be CAC (outside chance) and matches examples I've seen from the Pelt site as well (non-feathering, gathered types; outside chance too).  Lots of uncertainty with these. Sometimes I just have to be ok with that.

1292raw2 copy.jpg

• 1 month later...