Brain Twister(S)

Hoody

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously there are several possibilities for a right answer. Asking my question without any background on the kind of date indeed could be considered "unfair". "House of dates" is something I did not consider but its cool. I had more or less in mind to have a date with someone in a restaurant where dates are served :lol:

• 1 month later...

Oh, a present for me? Unfortunately I noticed it but forgot to check it out at the week-end. Now I have to wait until I am back in an area without internet restrictions...

But I am still wondering about Steph's cartoon with the washing machine, the salt and the battery Emoticon021_Nachdenk2.gif

LOL I didn't explain this well,it's my bad English.

Money laundering=geld wit wassen.

It's money you didn't earn on a properly way,we call it black money.

Black money laundering in white money,thats the crime he he.

Sounded like a good explanation to me, Winnie!
Although I'm not so sure about 'wit' now.
I was guessing that maybe the words were similar to English.
'Geld' sounded like 'gold', so maybe it meant gold, money, or anything valuable.
I was thinking 'wit' was just like a simple English 'with', but maybe it's more complicated.
'Wassen' looks like it sounds pretty close to 'washing', and if you're only talking
about your clothes, then 'washing' and 'laundering' are the same thing.

I like the idea of laundering 'black money' (like the words on this page) into
'white money' (which you now can't see on this page even though they are still there!)

When I lived in New York City, I knew two different types of rich people.
There were those who were very rich and made it obvious to everyone.
But there were also those who were 100 times richer than the others.
These people kept their wealth 'private'.  They didn't act too 'flashy' in
public, and they knew how to make most of their money 'on paper' disappear!
So there would be no taxes!  And it was all completely legal and fell under the
term "tax avoidance" rather than the technically illegal "tax evasion".  
This was very smart, and I admired them for it.

But when you think about it, this is no different than what the criminals often do.
So I'm going to suggest that it's completely wrong to charge criminals with
their "tax avoidance".  Charge them for their 'crime', but don't be hypocritical and
somehow make the other 'rules' different for them.  It makes no sense, and it's wrong.  ( :

Bob, wit=white  geld=money  wassen=launder or wash.

geld wit wassen is a term with us,I understood that money laundering is a term with the same meaning,I can be wrong.

Did I miss something?

LOL I think I better can talk about marbles on the forum.

Oh my god. The money laundering was quite the obvious part - we know this term also here in Germany as a crime: Geld waschen.

But with the other two I had no chance. Even migbar's comment just gave me no idea. Thank you Steph, now I know what the two others mean. All the time I thought of them to be indiviudally "in", not as a mating pair :)

Here is a tricky one:

You have a room without any windows, inside is a lightbulb mounted on a table, the room is empty otherwise. The one and only door to the room is made so that there no sound or light escapes from the room. There is no slit below the door! Outside there are three light switches, one energizes the lightbulb, the others two do not. You are allowed to play around with the switches as long as you want, flipping them on and off as you want but only while the door is closed. As soon the door is open the switches shall remain in their state. You are allowed to enter and leave the room exactly once.

Can you tell for sure which of those three switches controls the light bulb?