Who All Made Vaseline Slags?

Steph

The pieces of uranium glass were found in 2008 at MFC - long after the book was originally published. They were from inside of the glass furnace foundation. From what was found I would refer to it as a test batch. I do also have some uranium glass from Barberton as Craig alluded to and still have a "horizontal" vaseline slag from Barberton - melted pontil.

limenews2.jpg

limenews.jpg

So, this "all knowing" book may not be so "all knowing"? Just sayin......or, as stated earlier in a red mfc thread, it does state that many experimental runs were preformed and nobody knows that red was omitted from the 22 colors bought ...... maybe.......dead horse with blinders....maybe......mon

PS: that thread should be in the archives.....lots of great info from mig.....and others!!!!!!

The pieces of uranium glass were found in 2008 at MFC - long after the book was originally published. .

Have the MFC papers / archives been searched again in light of these recent finds? For mentions, or formulas, or records of experiments, etc.? That would be interesting to know . . .

there is no doubt mable companies played with and experimented with glass. I believe it is a huge stretch to assume they marketed marbles in all these glass types. Fact is, all MFCs colors that were marketed are very well documented.

Please read that book again, please! Missing many early years is in type between the front and back covers! Mon