Mostly Pix - Veiligglas

Steph

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Codeg - 50's/60's - shown as Foreign made but I think they belong in this thread...

giant1.jpg

giant 2.jpg

giant 3.jpg

Interesting that they're Wire Pulls (well and one clear one) but the box art say's Dazzlers. Seller assured me they're original to the box and I've no reason to doubt them. 

49 minutes ago, Steph said:

:clap2: 

I've been familiar with the box for a long time, but the connection with Veiligglas is a relatively new discovery, so it's good to be reminded of it. 

I'm fairly confident that a large proportion of the 50's and 60's Solitaire sets with wooden bases are Veiligglas too (relatively common over here). The later Codeg ones with the plastic bases seem to be Asian marbles.

• 3 weeks later...

Manof,The yellow/purple swirls are hard to find here and the purple/green ones are easy to come by,do you find the white-red blue swirls in England?

Steph,when I see a marble which I think might be foreign,I prefer to wait out on your reaction because I do not want to complicate it.

On the marbles of Shell,I was not sure wether America has made those pastel colored swirls,i only knew that Veiligglas made them,now I know America made them aswell.

12 minutes ago, winnie said:

Manof,The yellow/purple swirls are hard to find here and the purple/green ones are easy to come by,do you find the white-red blue swirls in England?

Purple/Green are relatively common, I've seen the odd yellow/purple. Yet to see a white red/blue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...